Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Openvino Face Recognition Demo

chew__minjian
Beginner

Hi,

Is it possible to use multiple cameras for Openvino Face Recognition Demo?

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Minjian,

The OpenVINO face recognition demo take a single input. However, you can convert it to multi channel also. Kindly use Multi-channel face detection demo as reference.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
chew__minjian
Beginner

Hi Chauhan,

Thanks for your reply.

I cant find python file from  Multi-channel face detection demo link. Can I know where can i get the file.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Minjian,

The Multi-channel face detection demo is a C++ demo. For a mutli-camera demo in python, you may refer to  Multi-camera multi-person tracking demo.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
chew__minjian
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you. I will look into it . BTW, can i know how many cameras can be used ?

0 Kudos
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Minjian,

We don't have the exact number of maximum inputs allowed however for similar demos up to 16 cameras are supported. You can try with your inputs and also you can refer to the demo documentation.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
Marcia_W_Intel
Employee

Example:

Run the Multi-channel Face Detection in C++ demo included in the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit on the IEI Tank* AIoT Developer Kit

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/openvino-multichannel

Chauhan, Surya Pratap Singh (Intel) wrote:

Hi Minjian,

The Multi-channel face detection demo is a C++ demo. For a mutli-camera demo in python, you may refer to  Multi-camera multi-person tracking demo.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
chew__minjian
Beginner

Hi,

I used a multi camera adapter board in order attach more cameras. I have modified the code and this error occur. Can I know how to solve it?

My error:

[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_v4l.cpp (998) tryIoctl VIDEOIO(V4L2:/dev/video0): select() timeout.

Thank you.

0 Kudos