Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Openvino Gpu error [CLDNN ERROR]

D__yugendra
Novice

I am using face_recognition_demo on the GPU device, but showing the error:

Error:

face_recognition_demo/ie_module.py", line 29, in <dictcomp>
plugins = { d: IEPlugin(d) for d in devices }
File "ie_api.pyx", line 1187, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.__cinit__
RuntimeError: Cannot find plugin to use: Tried load plugin : clDNNPlugin for device GPU, error: Plugin clDNNPlugin cannot be loaded: cannot load plugin: clDNNPlugin from : [CLDNN ERROR]. No GPU device was found., skipping
cannot load plugin: clDNNPlugin from /opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/python/python3.7/openvino/inference_engine: Cannot load library '/opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/python/python3.7/openvino/inference_engine/libclDNNPlugin.so': /opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/python/python3.7/openvino/inference_engine/libclDNNPlugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory, skipping

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

installation documentation link:  https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_linux.html

Steps which I followed for gpu:

Steps for Intel® Processor Graphics (GPU)

The steps in this section are required only if you want to enable the toolkit components to use processor graphics (GPU) on your system.

1. Go to the install_dependencies directory:
    cd /opt/intel/openvino/install_dependencies/
  2. Enter the super user mode:
    sudo -E su
  3. Install the Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ driver components required to use the GPU plugin and write custom layers for Intel® Integrated Graphics:
    ./install_NEO_OCL_driver.sh

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz × 4 

Graphics: GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2

Openvino version: 2020.1

Sincerely,

Yugendra

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Is it possible for you to try out the new Openvino version which is 2020.4:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_linux.html

I've been using this version with Ubuntu for quite some time and so far never get this issue.

Also please help to ensure you had permanently setup the environment variable as in the link I provided to you above.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos