Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Openvino sample failed

liu__CC
Beginner

I use openvino 2019 R1, and I test object_detection_sample_ssd sample with person-detection-retail-0002.xml. But I got a error

[ INFO ] Processing output blobs

[ ERROR ] Can't create a file: out_0.bmp

I check the sample code, find image_id < 0,so I got a error.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kulecz__Walter
New Contributor I

Make sure you have write access to the directory  the sample program is running from.

What is your command line to start the sample program?

0 Kudos
liu__CC
Beginner

Hi walter,

thanks for your reply, I checked my write access and use command line chmod 777.

and my command line is 

./object_detection_sample_ssd -i ~/person.jpeg -m ~/person-detection-retail-0002.xml -d MYRIAD

looking forward your reply.

0 Kudos
Kulecz__Walter
New Contributor I

I don't know what to make of this.  You are running the sample_ssd code from some current directory, while loading the input image and model from the root of your home directory.  I've not studied the code but it looks to write the output file in the current directory

I tested with a different model  (as I'm more interested in Python than C++ right now)

mkdir openvinoTest

cd openVinoTest

wget --no-check-certificate https://download.01.org/opencv/2019/open_model_zoo/R1/models_bin/face-detection-adas-0001/FP16/face-detection-adas-0001.bin
wget --no-check-certificate https://download.01.org/opencv/2019/open_model_zoo/R1/models_bin/face-detection-adas-0001/FP16/face-detection-adas-0001.xml

mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" ~/inference_engine_vpu_arm/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples
make -j2 object_detection_sample_ssd
# run it, I hate how cmake sets things up!
cd ..
./build/armv7l/Release/object_detection_sample_ssd -m face-detection-adas-0001.xml -d MYRIAD -i ../Pictures/dw_cam_test.jpg
# should produce out0.bmp file with box around the face in the test image.

Hope this helps.  Did I mention I hate how cmake organizes things?

Edit:  The code box seems to not show underscore characters, replacing them with spaces!  I think this forum software is among the worst I've yet encountered.

0 Kudos
liu__CC
Beginner

Hi walter,

Thanks for your detailed reply! and sorry for my late reply.The way to solve my case is changed a host. I used another host to implement ssd demo and it works. I guess my host has some configuration issues, but I followed the installation tutorial to install openvino.

By the way I convert a common ssd caffemodel to fp16 IR. But it can't detect any object. I sure the model is correct. 

thanks again.

Best regards!

0 Kudos