Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\face_recognition_demo> python ./face_recognition_demo.

Aya2
Beginner

So I'm still new in facial recognition and using openvino.

I'm trying to work with the face_recognition_demo.

I'm having this error, and I can't understand its source.

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\face_recognition_demo> python ./face_recognition_demo.py -h
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./face_recognition_demo.py", line 27, in <module>
from ie_module import InferenceContext
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\face_recognition_demo\ie_module.py", line 20, in <module>
from openvino.inference_engine import IECore
File "C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\openvino\inference_engine\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
from .ie_api import *
ImportError: DLL load failed while importing ie_api: Le module spécifié est introuvable.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Syamimi_Intel

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Aya2

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Since this is regarding errors using Intel® OpenVINO™ Toolkit, we would like to inform you that we have a forum for those specific products and questions so we are moving it to the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit Forum so it can get answered more quickly.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Aya Abidi,

Thank you for reaching out. Based on your file path, it shows that you are using OpenVINO 2021 version.

For your information, the face recognition demo script is no longer available on the latest releases OpenVINO 2021. The last release was on OpenVINO 2020.3 environment. As such, if you want to run the demo, please use OpenVINO 2020.3 environment.

The steps to run the Interactive Face Recognition Demo

(https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2020.3/_demos_python_demos_face_recognition_demo_README.html) :

1.Set the environment variables. You can follow:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2020.3/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html#set-the-environment-variables

2.Go to the face recognition demo path:

cd <INSTALL_DIR>\openvino_2020.3.194\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\demos\python_demos\face_recognition_demo

3.Run Installation and dependencies for the Interactive Face Recognition Demo:

pip install -r requirements.txt

4.Lastly, run the demo:

python ./face_recognition_demo.py -h

Regards,

Syamimi Fauzi

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

0 Kudos