Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Pedestrian tracker demo error

gdioni
New Contributor I

I'm using OpenVINO 2020 lts using windows 10. I'm trying to run the pedestrian tracker demo. I followed the guide for it but I'm getting this error

I get the following error:

```

Loading device GPU
GPU
clDNNPlugin version ......... 2.1
Build ........... 2020.3.0-3467-15f2c61a-releases/2020/3

Loading device CPU
CPU
MKLDNNPlugin version ......... 2.1
Build ........... 2020.3.0-3467-15f2c61a-releases/2020/3

MFX: Can't initialize session
[ WARN:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.3\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\cap_msmf.cpp (680) CvCapture_MSMF::initStream Failed to set mediaType (stream 0, (0x0 @ 1) MFVideoFormat_RGB32(unsupported media type)
To close the application, press 'CTRL+C' here or switch to the output window and press ESC key
[ ERROR ] AssertionFailed: file.is_open()

```

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

Open Model Zoo demos use OpenCV as media input/output framework and OpenCV in its turn use system and third-party media backends to work with media files. The error message like you referring is usually comes from OpenCV media backend which was not able to recognize media format. It seems your system do not have some of media codecs required to decode video file you provide to demo.

Note, you may try to use ffmpeg based OpenCV media backend, it is not part of OpenCV package but it is possible to download it after you install OpenVINO.

Just find and run ffmpeg-download.ps1 script (it is located at root OpenCV folder inside OpenVINO install folder, usually, "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2021.1.110\opencv"

Note, scrip should be run with administrative rights in order to be able to download file in system protected Program Files folder. This script will download ffmpeg DLLs in OpenCV bin folder and so OpenCV will find and use ffmpeg media backend at runtime.

This kind of question was already discussed in this thread

Regards,
  Vladimir

0 Kudos
gdioni
New Contributor I

thank you for the reply,

[ WARN:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.3\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\cap_msmf.cpp (680) CvCapture_MSMF::initStream Failed to set mediaType (stream 0, (0x0 @ 1) MFVideoFormat_RGB32(unsupported media type)

is now gone when I launch the app but I'm still getting

[ ERROR ] AssertionFailed: file.is_open()

when I try to do the demo

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

Perhaps this error comes from this line: https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/open_model_zoo/blob/master/demos/pedestrian_tracker_demo/src/utils.cpp#L57

Which means that detection log file can not be opened for write.

Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos