Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of SIFT Operations on an NCS2

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking to implement a SIFT detection program on a Raspberry Pi 4. I was wondering if there is a possibility to offload computation to NCS2 or optimize computations with OpenVINO library. Any suggestions are welcomed. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rizal_Intel

Hi Nadeem,

The NCS2 executes neural network implementations. Most if not all the implementation of Scale Invariant Feature Transform (SIFT) implementation I searched is implemented as a normal library. Therefore, you need to translate or implement the SIFT program using a neural network template or framework such as Caffe, Tensorflow or Pytorch.

We couldn't say it is practical to offload a SIFT implementation workload to the NCS2.

I would recommend just running it using OpenCV on the CPU.

Regards,

Rizal

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rizal_Intel

Hi Nadeem,

The NCS2 executes neural network implementations. Most if not all the implementation of Scale Invariant Feature Transform (SIFT) implementation I searched is implemented as a normal library. Therefore, you need to translate or implement the SIFT program using a neural network template or framework such as Caffe, Tensorflow or Pytorch.

We couldn't say it is practical to offload a SIFT implementation workload to the NCS2.

I would recommend just running it using OpenCV on the CPU.

Regards,

Rizal

View solution in original post

Thank you Rizal for your reply!

OpenCV that comes with OpenVINO does not have OpenCV Contrib modules such as xfeatures2d which includes SIFT. I'm trying to implement a project which requires SIFT even when OpenVINO environment is initialized. 

I tried to implement a suggestion from a thread in this forum, but that does not seem to solve my issue.

Do you have any inputs that would help me implement this project?

Best,

Nadeem