Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Problem Neural compute stick 2

lopez__Roi
Beginner

I have a problem with the NCS2. I installed the Openvino and then the movidius. When I ran the hello_ncs_py demo it didn't recognize the device.

I have executed the following code that I have seen here: http://www.jwrr.com/ncs2-1/

"sudo cp /opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.094/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/MvNCAPI-ma2480.mvcmd /usr/local/lib/mvnc/MvNCAPI-ma2480.mvcmd"

*I rename the file MvNCAPI-ma2x8x.mvcmd to MvNCAPI-ma2480.mvcmd and MvNCAPI-ma2485.mvcmd and stay the same

And now it seems that it detects it but shows these messages:

"
D: [0] ncDeviceCreate: 308 ncDeviceCreate index 0

D: [0] resetAll: 228 Found stalled device 1-

E: [0] dispatcherEventReceive: 247 dispatcherEventReceive () Read failed -2

E: [0] eventReader: 268 Failed to receive event, the device may have reset

"
I hope someone can lend me a hand because I have installed the Linux 16.04 several times in Virtual box and now I am from the laptop without a virtual machine.

Thank you.

Greetings,
Roi

Comunidad

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JesusE_Intel

Hi Roi,

The instructions you are following are not the official Intel(r) Neural Compute Stick 2 installation instructions. The Intel(r) Neural Compute Stick 2 is not supported on the Intel(r) Movidius Neural Compute SDK, you need to use the OpenVINO(tm) toolkit. 

Take a look at the getting started guide for the Intel(r) Neural Compute Stick 2.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos