Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Python Issues with OpenVino 2019.R1.1

Residentx
New Contributor III

I'm having issues finalizing my installation of Python 3.6.5 or later to activate my Openvino toolkit. 

The message says "unsupported version try 3.5 or 3.6" 

Originally, I installed 3.80b

This forum is horrible. I can't upload images to help move my support faster. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Residentx
New Contributor III

Lock this thread please. I've opened another for OV 2019 R3 and Cmake. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Residentx
New Contributor III

I think I've found the issues:

1. I have 3 versions of Python on my computer. Microsoft's C++/Python  implementation, Various Official Python versions, and Python X,Y. 

I have removed all of them and will install only the Official Python version. Python X,Y doesn't clean up after itself so I had to clean it manually. 

2. Can you do a better job of maintaining the documentation on this site? Some of the instructions are out of date. 

I'll post back if this doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

No good...Python Install has a bug so I can't unistall it to install good version. I contacted Python XY owner via LinkedIn today because regular site has no way to submit bug issues. Avoid Python XY at this point because uninstall file is a subdirectory lower but log file is somewhere else. 

Python_1.png

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Carlisle, George,

Thanks kindly for informing the OpenVino Community. Yeah https://python-xy.github.io/ is definitely a non-standard version of Python which OpenVino may not be compatible with. 

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

Update...

I've reinstalled my machine which removed the garbage Python X,Y. 

Everything is going smoothly except when I went to test my installation. 

I had problems with Cmake that was installed with Visual Studio 2019. Here are the error message I got when I ran the security demo here, demo_security_barrier_camera.bat (see attached CMD error)

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

I think Visual Studio probably hides Cmake under their directory and not in the root. This would prevent other programs from accessing it. 

I'm unistalling cmake from VS2019 and reinstalling from the cmake site

Edit...still didn't work. . 

0 Kudos
Kenneth_C_Intel
Employee

You need to make sure that cmake is on your path. Try uninstalling all versions of Cmake you have and then reinstall and follow the prompts

about installing to path. 

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

I did and it didn't work...to boot which version of cmake should I be using 32bit or 64bit. Intel must improve the detail of their documentation. 

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Carlisle, George,

Here is my advice.

1) Uninstall all versions of OpenVino from your system

2) Uninstall all versions of Python from your system

3) Delete misc 'site-packages' directories scattered throughout your file system. site-packages are from previous Python Installations

4) Start afresh. Follow these instructions here: 

OpenVino Linux Install 

OR

OpenVino Windows Install

And today we just released OpenVino 2019R3. The title of this post is 2019R1.1 and we are far away from that now. Please install the latest and greatest.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Sincerely,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Kenneth_C_Intel
Employee

I would go with what your target is. Most customers are targeting 64bit hardware. Also could you verify that cmake is now on your path.

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

Can I ask the both of you a question? Are you guys awake today? 

I just mentioned in my previous post that I had reinstalled my machine and have new everything. 

I'm on the latest Openvino that was released today. 

I'm using the recommendations in the documentation here for Python and Cmake but the documentation is not detailed enough. 

http://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2019_R3/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html

How do I get Intel to produce higher quality documentation? 

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

Just for the record...

I'm on Visual Studio 2019

I'm on Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Windows* 2019 Version: R3 released today. 

Cmake originally I had installed with VS2019 but the software can't see to find it so I removed it and downloaded direct from Cmake website. 

I hope this makes things clearer. 

0 Kudos
Residentx
New Contributor III

Lock this thread please. I've opened another for OV 2019 R3 and Cmake. Thanks!

0 Kudos