Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Python Object detection, can't return to prompt

Ishida__Ken
Beginner

I make object detection using openvino R1.1, opencv dnn and Python 3.6.5.

The program runs fine, but when it exits, it can't return to the anaconda prompt.

Please let me know if you know the solution.

net = cv2.dnn.readNet('lrmodel/MobileNetSSD/MobileNetSSD_deploy.xml', 'lrmodel/MobileNetSSD/MobileNetSSD_deploy.bin')

net.setPreferableTarget(cv2.dnn.DNN_TARGET_MYRIAD)

blob = cv2.dnn.blobFromImage(color_image, 0.007843, size=(300, 300),  mean=(127.5,127.5,127.5), swapRB=False, crop=False)

net.setInput(blob)       

out = net.forward()  <---

Best Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Ken,

Thanks for reaching out. Do you see the same behavior on the latest OpenVINO toolkit 2019 R3.1? When the program exits what happens? Does it hang or does the anaconda prompt ends? Do you see the same behavior when using one of our demo applications using the inference engine?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Ishida__Ken
Beginner

Thank you for reply.

I will check demo application site.

0 Kudos
Ishida__Ken
Beginner

Hello,

I reinstalled openvino R3,

My program return to Prompt.

But sometime it can't restart.

warning

[ WARN:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\build\opencv\modules\videoio\src\cap_msmf.cpp (674) SourceReaderCB::~SourceReaderCB terminating async callback

Please teach me this means.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Ken,

The error message you are seeing may be caused by the camera handle not being released. Try adding cv2.destroyAllWindows() to the end of your application.

Take a look at the OpenVINO object_detection_demo_yolov3_async demo to see how we are ending the application.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos