Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Questions about parallelism and data type in NCS

idata
Employee

Hi all,

I've tired to use the stick these days and encountered 2 questions.

1. As far as I know, NCS receive high computation speed when the input images and models are large, but when I input a small image(like 24*24) to a light model, the computation capacity of the stick are not fully utilized. So my question is can we input 2 or more images in parallel and assign different SHAVEs to process them? Or is there any better way to accelerate light model?

3. I would like to know the data type used in the stick, is it 16bit fixed-point or not?

Thanks in advance.

Andy
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

@xuzijian418 Thanks for your interest. At the moment, there isn't a way to process images in parallel by utilizing multiple SHAVE processors. The NCS was designed with a balance of power efficiency, accuracy and inference speed in mind and as such the data type used in the NCS is float16.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel Thank you Tome for your nice answer! i'm looking forward to seeing your new powerful product :)

0 Kudos