Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

RMNet

Ruiz_Ruiz__Ana
Beginner

I was reading the documentation of pre-trained models and found RMNet as a very common model. I looked for information about this model in internet but couldn't find anything. I was guessing it is a model based on Mobile net but I'm not sure. Can anybody give a hand with this please? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Evgeny_I_Intel
Employee

RMNet is custom backbone designed for the fast but still accurate inference. The RMNet architecture is inspired by ResNet and MobileNet architectures. From the first one we get the idea to use residual blocks. In our case the residual block consists of the sequence of convolutions with spatial resolutions 1x1, 3x3, 1x1, Elu activation function and skip connection. To speed up the computations we also use the depth-wise convolutions like in MobileNet instead of default 3x3 conv. Finally, the maximal number of channels is limited to 256. It allows us to increase the depth of network to be close to ResNet101 by the receptive filed.

0 Kudos
WaiEu__Loke
Beginner

Thanks for the brief explanation. Do you happen to have any papers regarding RMNet for a more detailed reading on it?

0 Kudos
zhao__zhao
Beginner

WaiEu, Loke wrote:

Thanks for the brief explanation. Do you happen to have any papers regarding RMNet for a more detailed reading on it?

Maybe you can see this: Fast and Accurate Person Re-Identification with RMNet

0 Kudos