Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Raspberry Pi Installation

DaveInPA
New Contributor I

Been working to get OpenVino running on RasbPi for quite some time. Yesterday i did a full clean OS to start from scratch and used the latest Intel document for the install. Everything appeared to work well...i compiled from source OpenCV and OpenVino as per the instructions. Ran into a few places where i needed to get some libraries or fix some things -  but ultimately i got a clean compile

When I run my program i get an error "Cannot load library 'libarmPlugin.so'. Did some research and there is an "ARM CPU Plugin" that people refer to. Is that an add-on that i also need for my environment to work with RasbPi - or is that an older method for running OpenVino on Rasbpi?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DaveInPA
New Contributor I

** Solved my own question...

The instructions for installing OpenVino for Rasberry Pi assumes you are using the Intel VPU and not the native ARM CPU on the Pi device. My default setting was to use the CPU and get that working before trying to get the Neural Stick to work. Once I updated my code to use the Neural Stick VPU it works great on my Pi. 

If i want to run OpenVino on the RasbPi ARM processor instead of the stick i need to compile and install the add-on...

Peh_Intel

Hi DaveInPA,

Yes, you're right.

In order to use OpenVINO™ ARM CPU plugin, you have to build OpenVINO™ from source code first and then build the OpenVINO™ ARM CPU plugin.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi DaveInPA,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved.  If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos