Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Raspian 9: libopencv_ml.so.4.0 not found

Wios__Ed
Beginner

Hi,

I have followed the instructions listed here, all samples compiled well and ran without error. However, when I try the OpenCV samples, a simple

python3 -c "import cv2"

failed with the following error:

ImportError: libopencv_ml.so.4.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ldd libopencv_ml.so.4.0 seems normal and have shown the correct paths. setupvars.sh was invoked and LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PYTHONPATH looks normal, too, at least the samples worked.

OS info:

PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="9"
VERSION="9 (stretch)"

I can see there is not much for "installation" as the whole VINO is already set and paths pointed by setupvars.sh. Therefore re-install wouldn't help I guess? Any idea what else could go wrong?

Thanks in advance.

//Ed

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wios__Ed
Beginner

Ok, I've found a solution. Don't know why LD_LIBRARY_PATH was not used so I added them to /etc/ld.so.conf and now it no longer reported the error. However, I've ran into another serious issue with this OpenCV version on my Raspberry Pi 3b+ :  FATAL ERROR: This OpenCV build doesn't support current CPU/HW configuration.

:(

0 Kudos
_Mai_
Novice

any updates on this problem?
I've been having it on ubuntu 18.04 since I installed  openvino_2020.4.287 

it only happens in pycharm, it works fine in the terminal 

it ruined every environment I have even if I install a separate version of opencv there 

0 Kudos