Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPaul19
Innovator

Recommended way to export models in TensorFlow 2.0 for using along with OpenVINO model optimizer

Jump to solution

Hello. I am currently porting the codebase of one of my projects to TensorFlow 2.0. In the past, I have had experience in deploying fine-tuned Keras models on NCS using OpenVINO (with TensorFlow 1.14). Is there any recommended way to do that when it comes to TensorFlow 2.0 since the way we export TensorFlow-formatted models (typically protobuffers) is changed in v2. So, directions regarding this would be great. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Sayak

Currently Model Optimizer does not support Tensorflow 2.0. But if you use Tensorflow 1.14 freeze_graph.py to freeze a TF 2.0 model, this frozen pb should be accepted by Model Optimizer.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Sayak

Currently Model Optimizer does not support Tensorflow 2.0. But if you use Tensorflow 1.14 freeze_graph.py to freeze a TF 2.0 model, this frozen pb should be accepted by Model Optimizer.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

View solution in original post

Hello, Subha.

Do you have any news about convert TensorFlow 2.0 to OpenVINO / NCS2?

ezeng3
Beginner

Hello, Subha:

Is there any time table from Intel that openVino will support tensorflow 2.x?

Best Regards

Edwin Z

JesusE_Intel

Hi Edwin/Ricardo,

Unfortunately, I am unable to comment on this as Intel does not disclose roadmaps. I encourage you to check the Release Notes when there is a new software release. 

Regards,
Jesus