Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Regarding license policy on pre-trained model (Open Model Zoo)

Choi__Hyunchul
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to know that is it OK to use pre-trained model for commercial purpose, such as:

1. Is it OK to use these models as-is in my application for commercial purpose?

2. Is it OK to modify/retrain these models (if there are any means to do that)

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Choi, Hyunchul,

For 1) yes it's quite OK to use these models as-is in your application for commercial purpose and   

2) It is OK to modify/retrain these models (if there are any means to do that) -- by retraining, I am assuming with your own data set, and yes, this is permitted.

Please have a look at the Terms of Service Document where the intel models are freely downloadable from the below location:

https://download.01.org/opencv/2019/open_model_zoo/R1/

Hopefully it helps.

Thanks !

Shubha

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Choi, Hyunchul,

For 1) yes it's quite OK to use these models as-is in your application for commercial purpose and   

2) It is OK to modify/retrain these models (if there are any means to do that) -- by retraining, I am assuming with your own data set, and yes, this is permitted.

Please have a look at the Terms of Service Document where the intel models are freely downloadable from the below location:

https://download.01.org/opencv/2019/open_model_zoo/R1/

Hopefully it helps.

Thanks !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Choi__Hyunchul
Beginner

Dear Shubha R.,

Thank you for the quick reply! It's great to hear that. Also, thank you for the references!

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Choi, Hyunchul,

It is my pleasure. Hope you have fun with OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos