Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Runing model on GPU

Abramov__Hanna
Beginner

Hi,

How can I runing model on GPU  with new openvino_2019.3.379 version?

In the instructions write down the following command:  classification_sample_async.exe -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\car.png" -m "C:\Users<username>\Documents\squeezenet1.1_FP16\squeezenet1.1.xml" -d GPU

The paths were changed.

I searched for classification_sample_async.exe and found classification_sample_async.h.

I working with windows.

Thanks and regards in advance,

Hanna

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Hanna,

Thanks for reaching out, did you build the samples with the steps mentioned in the following link? Once you run the build_samples_msvc.bat you will find the executable application under C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release.

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_IE_DG_Samples_Overview.html#build_samples_windows

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Abramov__Hanna
Beginner

Hi,

command:

C:\Users\USER\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release>classification_sample_async -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\car.png" -m "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Intel\squeezenet1.1_FP16\squeezenet1.1.bat" -d GPU
[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:
        API version ............ 2.1
        Build .................. 32974
        Description ....... API
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Files were added: 1
[ INFO ]     C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\car.png
[ INFO ] Creating Inference Engine

C:\Users\USER\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release>

This what i got.In CPU either.

Why it isnt work?

Hanna

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Hanna,

I just ran the following command and it worked in both CPU/GPU. Could you tell me which CPU you are using (example. Intel Core i5-6260U)?

classification_sample_async.exe -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\car.png" -m "C:\Users\jesus\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\public\squeezenet1.1\FP16\squeezenet1.1.xml" -d CPU

Could you also share the software version of the following components?

• Python
  • cmake
  • Microsoft Visual Studio

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Abramov__Hanna
Beginner

I tried the command that you suggested and  I got the same result as I mentioned in the command before.

My software : Python 3.6.5

Cmake 3.14.7

Microsoft Visual Studio 2019

My hardware: Intel Core i5-8265U

Hanna

0 Kudos