Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Several questions regarding to the official docker image?

Jump to solution

There are several questions I would like to ask:

1. I used ubuntu18_dev:2020.2 image and I got the following file is not found:

/opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libcpu_extension_sse4.so

This file was in the old docker image so I am not sure what is the best way to deal with this.

EDIT: I tried to replace libcpu_extension_sse4.so with libMKLDNNPlugin.so and then I got a new error:

RuntimeError: dlSym cannot locate method 'CreateExtension': /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libMKLDNNPlugin.so: undefined symbol: CreateExtension

2. I used ubuntu18_dev:2019_R3.1 image and I got the following error:

$ python3
Python 3.6.8 (default, Oct  7 2019, 12:59:55) 
[GCC 8.3.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import cv2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/cv2/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    from .cv2 import *
ImportError: libSM.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

According to some forum post, I need to install additional package in order to make it work. However I got the permission error because I don't have sufficient privileges to install package. How could I do that?

Lastly may I add a comment. I checked the OpenVino Docker page and I find 4 image description is the same. I couldn't find the right image until I try one by one. Is it possible that the description can be updated?

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

1. CPU extensions are moved to plugin since OpenVINO release 2020.1. The extensions are loaded automatically while loading the CPU plugin, hence 'add_extension' need not be used.

2. Please verify that you have Set the Environment Variables.

Also, thank you for reporting the concerns that helps to make OpenVINO a better Intel software product. 

Regards,

Jaivin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

1. CPU extensions are moved to plugin since OpenVINO release 2020.1. The extensions are loaded automatically while loading the CPU plugin, hence 'add_extension' need not be used.

2. Please verify that you have Set the Environment Variables.

Also, thank you for reporting the concerns that helps to make OpenVINO a better Intel software product. 

Regards,

Jaivin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks a lot. Yeah removing CPU-related argument solves the problem.

And since the latest docker image solves my problem. So I am not going to test the 2019_R3.1. But thanks for answering the question.

0 Kudos