Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Support of Debian OS

Farrestier
Beginner

Hello,

When installing the OpenVino toolkit, I was surprised to see that Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.04 OS were supported but not Debian 9 or 10.
Since Ubuntu and Debian are such closely related operating systems I would assume that enabling support for Debian would be faisible ?

Especially, considering that Debian distro are more likely to be used by companies.
In my case, after trying for almost two days to modify scripts and binaries of the official installer, I finally gave up and ended up compiling from source the toolkit, which is less convenient.

Are there particular reasons as to why Debian distros are not supported by the toolkit installer ?

Thank you for your responses in advance

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peh_Intel

Hi Farrestier,

Greetings to you.

Unfortunately, Debian OS is not officially supported. We are not privy to the exact reasons behind this decision and we are unable to comment on them.

I’m sorry, I know that is not what you want to hear, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Peh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Farrestier,

Greetings to you.

Unfortunately, Debian OS is not officially supported. We are not privy to the exact reasons behind this decision and we are unable to comment on them.

I’m sorry, I know that is not what you want to hear, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Farrestier,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos