Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

System cannot find path specified

Abidi__Collin
Beginner

Hi,

I'm currently following the installation steps for the OpenVINO toolkit to work with the NCS2 on my Windows 10 laptop. I have followed all directions exactly, but when I try to run the demo (demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat) I get this error:

######### || Run Inference Engine classification sample || ##############

The system cannot find the path specified.
        0 file(s) copied.
The system cannot find the path specified.
classification_sample.exe -i C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk\deployment_tools\demo\\car.png -m "C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP32\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.xml" -d CPU
'classification_sample.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error

I have no problems up until this point; I believe that it has to do with the directory that it's looking in. There is no "C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\...." directory, as I installed the OpenVINO toolkit under "C:\Intel".

I've reinstalled python and reset my environment variables to exactly what the tutorial specified, but I'm still not able to make any progress.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hi Collin,

Could you try to build the samples? FWIW the classification_sample.exe will end up under C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO even if you install under "C:\Intel".as cmake creates Visual studio solution under C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO . Then try again demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat

Cheers,

nikos

0 Kudos
Abidi__Collin
Beginner

Hi nikos,

Thank you for the reply, I've been looking into the problem and it seems like a problem with CMake not being able to detect my compiler.

I'm in my C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_.....\deployment_tools\inference_engine\samples\build directory and I run:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release <path_to_inference_engine_samples_directory>

When I run the command, I get the following output:

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file: C:/Intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.456/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/CMakeFiles/3.11.3/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:7 (project):
  No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:7 (project):
  No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.456/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/Intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.456/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
CMake Error: Cannot open file for write: C:/Intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.456/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/CMakeCache.txt.tmp
CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied
CMake Error: Unable to open cache file for save. C:/Intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.456/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/CMakeCache.txt
CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied

0 Kudos
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hi Collin,

Please make sure the C++ tools are also installed, in addition to Visual Studio.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-Install-Windows#next-steps

Next, can you try to run cmake using create_msvc2015_solution.bat or create_msvc2017_solution.bat which can be found under C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.456\deployment_tools\inference_engine\samples

Cheers,

nikos

0 Kudos
Pichikala__Satya_Bha

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. I installed all the required tools with the latest versions. still I struct with the same error.
So, I uninstalled all the related softwares and installed all the required softwares in the same order mentioned in the openvino installation website, Still no improvement. 

It would be great if someone can help me with this.

Regards,

Satya

0 Kudos