Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community support and discussions about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all things computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

System fails to load OpenCV library

Florian_k_
Beginner

Hi,

I am developing an Android App which should detect specific Objects. My development environment is Android Studio (running on Windows 7 Professional) with Intel INDE openCV 3.0. Preview. 

After creating an "Intel INDE OpenCV JNI Project"  App with the Intel INDE wizard  in Android studio I install (I change nothing of the code) and run the App on my Nexus 5 (API 22) but the logcat of Android Studio gives me the following error:

08-31 23:31:04.075  19647-19647/com.example.admin_klui.cv2 D/OpenCV/StaticHelper﹕ First attempt to load libs fails
08-31 23:31:04.075  19647-19647/com.example.admin_klui.cv2 D/INDE OpenCV Tutorial﹕ Failed to load OpenCV library (INDE.INTEL.3.0.0.PREVIEW)

Has somebody an idea how to overcome this problem?

Thanks,

Florian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sergey_L_Intel2
Employee

Florian,

Intel INDE OpenCV 3.0. Preview supports x86 target architecture only. Nexus 5 is ARM. You need to run your app on x86 phone/tablet.

- Sergey

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sergey_L_Intel2
Employee

Florian,

Intel INDE OpenCV 3.0. Preview supports x86 target architecture only. Nexus 5 is ARM. You need to run your app on x86 phone/tablet.

- Sergey

Florian_k_
Beginner

Will there be ARM support when OpenCv 3.0 is available in the Final release or "GoldVersion"?

GeorgeNotFound543

After creating an "Intel INDE OpenCV JNI Project"  App with the Intel INDE wizard  in Android studio I install (I change nothing of the code) and run the App on my Nexus 5 (API 22) but the logcat of Android Studio gives me.

Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Florian,

There are no plans to support ARM for the time being.