Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Trouble accessing model optimizer

Deolekar__Shruti
Beginner

Hi,

I am facing an issue accessing the model optimizer and the output error is : "/bin/sh: 1: mo.py: not found"

I suppose this could be a self-traceable issue and I am working on it, but since my DevCloud trial usage is near to end I am looking for a quick help! I have attached a screen shot for your reference.

Thanks,

Shruti

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi Shruti,

It looks like you're converting a Tensorflow model. The basic command to convert a TF model to IR is as follows:

python3 mo_tf.py --input_model <INPUT_MODEL>.pb

Please let me know if this is helpful.

Best Regards,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
Deolekar__Shruti
Beginner

Hi Sahira,

I want to let you know that I am practicing the Intel's AI from the Data Center to the Edge course and this particular code line isn't written by me but already present in ~/Notebooks/Optional-OpenVINO_Video_Inference.ipynb.

Changing it to mo_tf.py doesn't make any change either. 

Please check the same relevant to the course I am practicing.

Thanks,

Shruti

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi Shruti,

I apologize for my misunderstanding. You run into this error when you are running this command in the wrong directory. Before executing any command to convert your model in the Model Optimizer, you have to navigate to the Model Optimizer directory with is found in the Deployment Tools directory. 

I will look into this a little further for more information, but I hope this is helpful.

Best Regards,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
Deolekar__Shruti
Beginner

Hi Sahira,

The issue persists having said I am following the notebooks and directory structure as instructed in the course material.

Did you find a workaround?

Thanks,

Shruti

0 Kudos