Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Troubleshooting

idata
Employee

When i was trying to setup and work with Neural compute stick2 I am getting this Error:

"[ ERROR ] Can not init USB device: NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND"

When i do the Troubleshooting the above Error by following command "sudo udevadm test /dev/sda". I am getting one more Issue

like "unable to open device '/sys/dev/sda'

Unload module index

Unloaded link configuration context."

I would appreciate if anyone could provide any suggestion to solve this issue.

Thanks

Sudheer
0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @sudheer

Which SDK are you using? You will need to use the OpenVINO toolkit with the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2. The Neural Compute SDK only supports the original Neural Compute Stick. Take a look at the Getting Started Guide.

Could you copy/paste the output of lsusb? If you can also please provide additional details about your setup (OS, Virtual Machine?, Powered USB Hub?, etc.).

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Jesus_at_Intel

Here is my lsusb:

sudheer@sudheer:/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/demo$ lsusb

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 019: ID 03e7:2485

Bus 001 Device 018: ID 80ee:0021 VirtualBox USB Tablet

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

1. OS : Ubuntu 16.04lts

3. virtual box: Oracle vm virtual box manager

5. powered USB Hub: I am using "Robotick" usb3 connector(I checked with the pendrive is showing the contenct) it is a single connector provision

7. suggest me suitable powered USB hub

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @sudheer

Your Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 is being detected by the virtual machine. Could you confirm you have setup the filters properly and have installed the virtualbox extension pack. Other users have also ran into similar issues when using Virtualbox. I recommend updating to Virtualbox 6.0.4 if you haven't already.

Your power USB hub should be fine as the device is being detected.

• Which command are you executing when you receive the error?
  •  

• What version of the OpenVINO toolkit are you using?
  •  

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Jesus_at_Intel,

I am confirming set up the filters https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1191sKj8L29RGgTbEK4azMQuQNRJeD8WV?usp=sharing

Followed windows setup using the link https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-Install-Windows with optional steps also I did.(https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1191sKj8L29RGgTbEK4azMQuQNRJeD8WV?usp=sharing)

Followed linux setup using the link https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-Install-Linux with optional steps also I did.(https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1191sKj8L29RGgTbEK4azMQuQNRJeD8WV?usp=sharing)

I am using the below spec:

Virtual Box : VirtualBox-6.0.4-128413-OSX.dmg

Virtual Box Extension Pack : Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.0.4.vbox-extpack

windows ISO: Win10_1809Oct_English_x64.iso from Microsoft official website(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO)

Ubuntu ISO : ubuntu-16.04.5-desktop-amd64.iso

Movidius INF & HDDL Bus INF also successfully done.

when I was running the command "./demo_security_barrier_camera.sh" under /opt/intel/computer_version_sdk_2018.5.445/deployment_tool/demo/ getting the inference output correctly. Note: with/without connecting of Neural compute stick2 i am getting this. But, when i give the command like "./demo_security_barrier_camera.sh -d MYRIAD"

I am getting the issue like "cannot init USB device NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND"

In Windows, I am running "demo_security_barrier_camera.bat -d MYRIAD" I am getting the issue "cannot init USB device NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND"

From Both Windows & Linux Machines, I am getting the same issue.

Please see the drive images you may get better clarity. Please do the needful to solve this issue with the virtual boxes.

Thanks

Sudheer
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @sudheer

There is an issue with your hardware setup or VM configuration, make sure the VM is properly setting up the USB 3.0 device. From the Ubuntu VM, execute lsusb and copy/paste the output here. I will also recommend trying with a powered USB hub.

When you run the sample without the-d MYRIAD it on the CPU instead of the Neural Compute Stick. Since the VM is not detecting the device, it will fail when using the -d MYRIAD but will run properly with it runs on the CPU.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Having the exact same issue on my my iMac. I am plugging the NCS2 directly to the omputer, and get the same error message.

Any ideas on how to fix ?

I am using the same version of Virtualbox, and Ubuntu. All settings, including rules have been carefully installed.

Everytime that I try to run the demo, I get the same message :

```[ INFO ] Loading model to the plugin

E: [ncAPI] [ 858711] ncDeviceOpen:870 failed to find device

[ ERROR ] Can not init USB device: NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

Error on or near line 235; exiting with status 1

```

When i do the Troubleshooting the above Error by following command "sudo udevadm test /dev/sda". I am getting one more Issue

like "unable to open device '/sys/dev/sda'

Unload module index

Unloaded link configuration context."

Help would be appreciated… there are lots of people having this issue, and no sollution.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @beinir

The issue is similar, however, your setup may be a bit different.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Facing the same issue please help me resolve

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @dangirahul215

Could you please provide additional information about your setup? See my previous questions from my replies above.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos