Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Unable to build squeesenet demo in R3 on windows 10

WDomo
Beginner

I have uninstalled R2 and reinstalled R3 three or four times

I have deleted the old Openvino directory from my Documents

When I run  demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat  the thing tells the model already exists and omits the IR build stage

I have now spent six hours trying to make this work

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Domoney, William,

When you uninstall do you go through the normal route of Windows Start/Add Remove Programs ? After you do that, do you still see the just uninstalled openvino directory under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools ? If you do, then please delete it.

Make sure you uninstall all instances of OpenVino you have on your machine via the Windows Start/Add Remove Programs route. Then after that step, delete the associated directory from C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools.

And of course, 

Delete the stuff under C:\Users\sdramani\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO (like you already did).

After you successfully re-install OpenVino 2019R3, don't forget to run setupvars.bat under bin first before you run the demo scripts.

By the way, you shouldn't need to uninstall, then delete pre-existing versions of OpenVino actually. The old versions should happily co-exist with the new versions. But I'm just trying to help you get to a clean-slate environment.

Let me know what happens,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
WDomo
Beginner

Thanks Shuba

I will try again and carry out the steps you recommend.

I will let you know how I get on

Kind regards

Frank

0 Kudos
WDomo
Beginner

Dear Shubba

Still no joy

I have attached the output of the cmd file  as .png files.

for some reason the downloader thinks the squeezenet file already has been downloaded. and doesn't download or create the files and directories.

I have also attached the png of my documents directory

I have made sure to disable syncing of my one drive so there is nothing strange appearing from the cloud

Kind regards

Frank

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Domoney, William,

Now I know why.  You cannot have a space in your UserID. Frank Domoney doesn't work. FrankDomoney will work however. So will Frank_Domoney. This is a common complaint which has appeared on this forum.

You can modify the demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat script to work around this, but currently, the script expects your UserID to be continuous (no spaces). 

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos