Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6473 Discussions

Unable to detect GPU on Ubuntu 22.04 for Intel UHD Graphics Card

sanme98
Novice

Hi All,

I have installed OpenVINO 2023.1 on Ubuntu Desktop 22.04 by follow the instructions on the links below:

https://docs.openvino.ai/2023.1/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_from_archive_linux.html

Python Installation link:

https://docs.openvino.ai/2023.1/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_pip.html

GPU Installation links:

https://docs.openvino.ai/2023.1/openvino_docs_install_guides_configurations_for_intel_gpu.html

https://github.com/intel/compute-runtime/releases/tag/23.30.26918.9

CPU: 

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5

Graphic card:

Intel UHD Graphics Card

After the installation, i tried to run using python, OpenVINO only able to detect CPU and GNA, but without GPU. 

python -c "from openvino.runtime import Core; print(Core().available_devices)"
['CPU', 'GNA']

Anything I missed out and how to resolve?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Megat_Intel

Hi Sanme98,

For your information, there was a similar issue in the compute-runtime GitHub page where the user also received "clinfo Number of platforms 0". This issue was resolved by adding the user to the "render" group. You can try this method to see if this solves the clinfo issue.

On the other hand, can you please try to install the apt packages below again?

apt-get install -y ocl-icd-libopencl1 intel-opencl-icd intel-level-zero-gpu level-zero

If you are still facing issues, please provide the full Model Name of your CPU, you can check the name using the lscpu command.

Regards,

Megat

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Megat_Intel

Hi Sanme98,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For your information, I was able to install the OpenVINO™ 2023.1.0 version in Ubuntu 22.04 and able to detect the GPU as shown here:

CPU: I7-1165g7

GPU: Intel iris xe graphics

success-gpu .png

From the result you shared, your OpenVINO™ installation is correct however the GPU not being detected might be due to GPU configurations. What is the Intel® Graphics Driver version that you installed? On my end, I installed the 23.05.25593.11 version.

clinfo.png

On another note, in the Configurations for Intel® Processor Graphics (GPU) page, OpenVINO™ was validated in Ubuntu 22 using the Driver Version 22.43.24595.30. Please try to install the 22.43.24595.30 version and see whether it helps to detect your GPU.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
sanme98
Novice

Hi Megat,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, even though I have tried to install the 22.43.24595.30, it is still unable to detect the GPU.

Is it because I'm using headless via VNC? Because if I try to run clinfo command, it returns nothing.

clinfo
Number of platforms 0

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi Sanme98,

For your information, there was a similar issue in the compute-runtime GitHub page where the user also received "clinfo Number of platforms 0". This issue was resolved by adding the user to the "render" group. You can try this method to see if this solves the clinfo issue.

On the other hand, can you please try to install the apt packages below again?

apt-get install -y ocl-icd-libopencl1 intel-opencl-icd intel-level-zero-gpu level-zero

If you are still facing issues, please provide the full Model Name of your CPU, you can check the name using the lscpu command.

Regards,

Megat

sanme98
Novice

Hi Megat,

Thank you for being so helpful. 

After adding my user to the render usergroup on Ubuntu as per the link you gave and rebooting the PC, the clinfo is working fine and the available device for OpenVINO is already with GPU.

Regards,

San

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi San,

Thank you for your question. This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos