Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Unable to run classification example

idata
Employee

Hi,

I have followed the installation steps for NCS 2. When trying to run classification example (step 4), I get the following error:

Run Inference Engine classification sample

Run ./classification_sample -d MYRIAD -i /home/niko/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png -m /home/niko/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/FP16/squeezenet1.1.xml

[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:

API version ………… 1.4

Build ……………… 17328

[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters

[ INFO ] Files were added: 1

[ INFO ] /home/niko/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png

[ INFO ] Loading plugin

API version ............ 1.4 Build .................. 17328 Description ....... myriadPlugin

[ INFO ] Loading network files:

/home/niko/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/FP16/squeezenet1.1.xml

/home/niko/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/FP16/squeezenet1.1.bin

[ INFO ] Preparing input blobs

[BMP] file is not bmp type

[ WARNING ] Image /home/niko/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png cannot be read!

[ ERROR ] Valid input images were not found!

Error on or near line 215; exiting with status 1

The image is in the folder so I don't know why it fails. I would appreciate if anyone could provide any suggestion to solve this issue.

Thank you,

Niko

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi @nikogamulin

Did you install OpenVINO using the Customization Package (Online) or Full Package? I installed the Customization Package (Online) and the example ran without any issues.

I will also recommend posting your question on the OpenVINO forum as it may be an issue with the Full Package installer.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos