Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Unsupported scale in layer ResizeNearestNeighbor on GPU

Bob__Dima
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a segmentation neural network using ResNet with some resize nearest neighbor layers to upsample intermediate images to the original resolution at the output. This network has been frozen into Tensorflow graph .pb file (TF 1.14.0). After that I am able to convert it to intermediate representation OpenVino using mo_tf.py with no errors. Now, I use benchmark_app (C++) to run inference using the exported network to obtain timing results. When I specify CPU device for inference, no errors are obtained and all good. However, when I switch to GPU, I obtain the following error:

[Step 7/11] Loading the model to the device
[ ERROR ] Unsupported scale in layer depth_prediction/ResizeNearestNeighbor

I attached the model definition in .xml format so that you can repeat the error.

ResizeNearestNeighbor is claimed to be supported in the table of layers, however this is not the case for me.

OpenVino version used: 2019.3.376. Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit. GPU Intel(R) Gen9 HD Graphics (Skylake GT2 [HD Graphics 520] (rev 07)). CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz.

Any hint?

Best,

Dima

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi Dima,

I'd like to try and reproduce this error - can you please give me the exact command you used to convert your model and the command you used to run your model through the Inference Engine.

Thank you,

Sahira  

0 Kudos
Bob__Dima
Beginner

Hi Sahira,

to convert my frozen TF graph, I used the python tools from OpenVINO (folder openvino_2019.3.376/deployment_tools/model_optimizer) with the following command:

python3 mo_tf.py --input_model /mnt/data-local/openVino/dima/models/frozen_uncertainty_graph.pb

To run my model through the inference engine, I used the pre-built app benchmark_app from Intel samples, which I called with the following arguments:

./benchmark_app -d GPU -i /home/dima/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/deployment_tools/demo/car.png -m /home/dima/models/frozen_uncertainty_graph.xml -pc -niter 1000 

When using -d CPU option instead, no error message is received.

Best,

Dima

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi Dima,

I apologize for not seeing this earlier, but it looks like you attached the .xml file. Can you send over the .pb file instead?

Best Regards,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
Bob__Dima
Beginner

Hi Sahira,

pb is attached.

Best,

Dima

0 Kudos
Bob__Dima
Beginner