Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Use mo_tf.py Convert Tensorflow .pb model failed

CHEN__Yan
Beginner

Help! I made/modified a MTCNN model, and it works well with tensordflow.

But now I try to convert it to NCS model with optimizer, the output is that:

Model Optimizer arguments:
Common parameters:
    - Path to the Input Model:     /home/dreaminsun/NCS/models/xmtcnn/input/xmtcnn_1_2_0.pb
    - Path for generated IR:     /home/dreaminsun/NCS/models/xmtcnn/output/FP16
    - IR output name:     xmtcnn_1_2_0
    - Log level:     ERROR
    - Batch:     Not specified, inherited from the model
    - Input layers:     Not specified, inherited from the model
    - Output layers:     Not specified, inherited from the model
    - Input shapes:     Not specified, inherited from the model
    - Mean values:     Not specified
    - Scale values:     Not specified
    - Scale factor:     Not specified
    - Precision of IR:     FP16
    - Enable fusing:     True
    - Enable grouped convolutions fusing:     True
    - Move mean values to preprocess section:     False
    - Reverse input channels:     False
TensorFlow specific parameters:
    - Input model in text protobuf format:     False
    - Offload unsupported operations:     False
    - Path to model dump for TensorBoard:     None
    - List of shared libraries with TensorFlow custom layers implementation:     None
    - Update the configuration file with input/output node names:     None
    - Use configuration file used to generate the model with Object Detection API:     None
    - Operations to offload:     None
    - Patterns to offload:     None
    - Use the config file:     None
Model Optimizer version:     1.5.12.49d067a0
[ ERROR ]  Unexpected exception happened during extracting attributes for node rnet/cond/add_2.
Original exception message: operands could not be broadcast together with remapped shapes [original->remapped]: (0,) and requested shape (0,4)

So how can i walk around ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear CHEN, Yan,

Did you freeze your model ? If so, please do a --log_level DEBUG and attach the error part of the log to this ticket.  Please give me the exact mo_tf.py command which you used also. Meanwhile, if you wouldn't mind, please attach your frozen pb as a *.zip file to this ticket. If you would prefer I can PM you and you can send me the model privately. Please let me know your preferences in reply to this post.

Thanks,

Shubha

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear CHEN, Yan,

Did you freeze your model ? If so, please do a --log_level DEBUG and attach the error part of the log to this ticket.  Please give me the exact mo_tf.py command which you used also. Meanwhile, if you wouldn't mind, please attach your frozen pb as a *.zip file to this ticket. If you would prefer I can PM you and you can send me the model privately. Please let me know your preferences in reply to this post.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
CHEN__Yan
Beginner

that model has freezed yet。

mo_tf.py command shows as follow:

python3 ~/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.445/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/mo_tf.py \
  --input_model "/home/dreaminsun/NCS/models/xmtcnn/input/xmtcnn_1_2_0.pb" \
  --output_dir "/home/dreaminsun/NCS/models/xmtcnn/output/FP16" \
  --data_type "FP16" \
  --input "input,min_size,thresholds,factor" --input_shape "[1080, 1920, 3],[1],[3],[1]"   

I try to add the input description, but gets the same failure. 

I will post the model tensorboard later.

tks for your reply !!

0 Kudos
CHEN__Yan
Beginner

Shubha R. (Intel) wrote:

Dear CHEN, Yan,

Thanks,

Shubha

I've upload the zip file, and the convert script. is it enough to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear CHEN, Yan,

Thanks for uploading your zip file. I will debug this shortly.

Thanks for your patience !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear CHEN, Yan,

I reproduced your error. However I found stack overflow article about numpy error . The exception you are seeing actually comes from numpy and Model Optimizer is just passing it along. In fact the numpy error is coming from site-packages\numpy\lib\stride_tricks.py .Does this offer any clues to you ? Please look at the original exception message coming from numpy:

Original exception message: operands could not be broadcast together with remapped shapes [original->remapped]: (0,) and requested shape (0,4)

Hope it helps. Please report back here should you have additional info.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos