Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

[VPU] Unsupported network precision : empty string

Brazey__Denis
Novice

Hello,

I am facing a problem when I try to use SSD mobilenet face detection on my C++ program on Myriad X NCS2.

The sample "object_detection_sample_ssd" works fine with Myriad, so the error comes from my custom C++ class.

My C++ program works fine in CPU and GPU mode. I use the FP16 models provided by intel.

I get the following message :

[VPU] Unsupported network precision :

Whats surprising is the empty string at the end of the message (no "FP32" for example, as we can see on common forums topics).

Is this error message with empty precision string gives you some ideas to help me ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Brazey__Denis
Novice

I finally found my mistake.

My C++ code was correct, but I didn't add the openvino library as in the samples. I was not using the cmake line

find_package(InferenceEngine 1.5 REQUIRED)

but I added so files manually. So its important to follow the samples cmake scripts. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Sorry Denis but I don't understand your question. Can you post some sample code here ?

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Brazey__Denis
Novice

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15J1yv8Cz32j-2J3Rq6x4oZAuUXOtFBe6?usp=sharing

You just have to change a few absolute paths in the CMakeLists.txt.

The issue is that I get an error message when I try to infer on Myriad in FP16. I have missed something in my code / openvino integration.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Brazey__Denis
Novice

I finally found my mistake.

My C++ code was correct, but I didn't add the openvino library as in the samples. I was not using the cmake line

find_package(InferenceEngine 1.5 REQUIRED)

but I added so files manually. So its important to follow the samples cmake scripts. 

Thanks

0 Kudos