Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

VS2017 dynamic library errors: procedure entry point could not be located

mantissa
Beginner

Greetings,

I'm working on project that involves face detection/tracking with an Intel RealSense camera and am using openvino 2020.4 in VS2017.

My project is compiling but when it runs I get the following fatal error:

The procedure entry point ?has_state@Node@ngraph@@UEBA_NXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\...\bin\inference_engine_legacy.dll. This error occurs when linking both the debug and release versions of the openvino .dlls and libs.

I have included both the inference_engine_legacy.dll and ngraph.dll in the same directory as the .exe.

I'd be super grateful for any tips/directions for solving this issue.

Windows Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

Visual Studio Community 2017 (15.9.15)

Thanks++

Jeremy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for reaching out.

The error usually arises when the program fails to locate the DLL library that needs to run. It also can happen if the library is not in a directory specified in the path and the DLL has gone missing or corrupted.

You could try to :

1. Reinstall OpenVINO toolkit ( It is recommended to use the latest version of OpenVINO toolkit which is the OpenVINO 2021.4. The latest version is more stable and upgraded)
  2. Use dependency walker to see which DLL is missing and fix it.
  3. Run System File Checker to replace the potentially corrupted DLL files.

Meanwhile, which OpenVINO samples/demo you are running? What command did you use?

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
galligio
Novice

Sorry, isn't the last version of the toolkit (2021.4) available just for VS 2019?

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos