Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

We need tensorflow-vpu

stone__jesse
Beginner

Nvidia is pip install tensorflow-gpu then run the python code

Amd is pip install tensorflow-rocm then run the python code

https://pypi.org/project/tensorflow-rocm/

We need Intel support pip install tensorflow-vpu 

now vpu need use openvino to transfer model and load ir model

please let us use tensorflow easier

0 Kudos
3 Replies
stone__jesse
Beginner

please support follows

pip install tensorflow-vpu
pip install caffe-vpu
pip install pytorch-vpu

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear stone, jesse,

This inquiry doesn't seem like it has anything to do with OpenVino ? It appears to me that in those cases you mention, those vendors have an optimized version of tensorflow that runs on AMD rocm or Nvidia GPU. In fact Intel offers the same - a version of Tensorflow  optimized to execute much faster on Intel CPU,  And sure, with Intel's version you can pip install it also.

It's right here:

https://pypi.org/project/intel-tensorflow/

Do we have one for VPU ? No but that's because tensorflow doesn't directly run on VPU. OpenVino does.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Sriram_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jesse,

I think what you ask for is completely valid. OpenVINO must target all the IPs that Intel owns, and if an IP is well suited for machine learning, it should very well support the frameworks indirectly by converting to OpenVINO. But in an ideal world, there should be no conversion into an intermediate OpenVINO representation. This can be done by adding all the IPs as backends to the frameworks, which will not happen due to the growing number of frameworks, and Intel's stringent development resources. This hoewever may be possible if we have libraries for each IP that is exposed to public, that any keen open source developer would be able to develop the backends. Alternative approach that is possible within Intel and have value for Intel is to use OpenVINO transparently as an intermediate representation for the frameworks, but hidden away from the user. So, what you should expect is Tensorflow, Caffe, PyTorch and other frameworks to run on Intel GPU, on VPU and CPU. I am not sure when this will happen, but I am looking forward for that day.

Kind regards,

Sriram

0 Kudos