Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Wrong position on detection SSD

Stefano_M_
Beginner

I'm using a SSD [https://github.com/Coldmooon/SSD-on-Custom-Dataset].

After the train and the conversion of the caffe model using the model optimizer I'm running a test using the sample "object_detection_demo_ssd_async" using as input images with various dimensions and different form factors.

As result I obtain more or less the same number of object detected as expected, BUT the positions of the bounding boxes are wrong.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Stefano,

Are you using one of the pre-trained models at the bottom of the GitHub page or are you using the modified VGGNet and training it? Also, can you give me more information by attaching the model files(.caffemodel, .prototxt) and giving the command to convert the modelwith  Model Optimizer and the command you used to run the Asynchronous object detection sample with the input image attached?

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
Stefano_M_
Beginner

Hi Jones,

I'm using the modified VGGNet trained by me. Here I uploaded the files generated by the train: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xz0y2xjsg1rtym/models.7z?dl=0

To convert the model with model optimizer I used this command:

"python mo_caffe.py --input_model VGG_VOC0712_SSD_300x300_iter_10000.caffemodel --input_proto deploy.prototxt"

and I obtained this:

[ SUCCESS ] Generated IR model.
[ SUCCESS ] XML file: C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.2.304\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\.\VGG_VOC0712_SSD_300x300_iter_10000.xml
[ SUCCESS ] BIN file: C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.2.304\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\.\VGG_VOC0712_SSD_300x300_iter_10000.bin
[ SUCCESS ] Total execution time: 70.12 seconds.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Stefano_M_
Beginner

Any news?

0 Kudos
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Stefano,

I converted your files a bit differently by just renaming the .caffemodel to be deploy.caffemodel and converted the model by:

sudo python3 mo.py --input_model ~/Downloads/models/deploy.caffemodel

Then I ran the sample and got the proper results upon running the sample with the car image that's in the demo directory. I am on the latest version of OpenVINO. I highly recommend you upgrade to the latest version of OpenVINO and see if the problem persist.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
liu__CC
Beginner

Hi Jones,

I am curious about how much your demo inference time is. In my case, I use the model your provide with FP16 ,NCS2 cost 500+ms.

Dose it normal? And I am on the latest version of OpenVINO(2019R1).

Kind Regards,

LC

0 Kudos