Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

assertion failure in openvino_fd_myriad.py on RPi

Williams__Chip
Beginner

Installing OpenVINO on Raspbian Stretch as per:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2019_R1/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html

First test "Build and Run Object Detection Sample" works fine.

"Run Inference of Face Detection Model Using OpenCV* API" fails with the following message:

pi@raspberrypi:~/openvino/build $ python3 openvino_fd_myriad.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "openvino_fd_myriad.py", line 11, in <module>
    blob = cv.dnn.blobFromImage(frame, size=(672, 384), ddepth=cv.CV_8U)
cv2.error: OpenCV(4.1.0-openvino) /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/imgproc/src/resize.cpp:3718: error: (-215:Assertion failed) !ssize.empty() in function 'resize'

I've tried several different images different sizes and types including one that is already 672x384 BMP. I get the same message every time

I have no problem importing cv2 and cv2.__version__ returns 4.1.0-openvino

Any ideas on what it is unhappy about? Thanks for your assistance

Chip

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Williams__Chip
Beginner

Found my own error. The simple script doesn't do any specific testing for finding the input image file and so the first place where the file is used is in the resize() function. I had used the '~' home shortcut in my path name and the program doesn't understand that and so didn't find my image file.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Williams, Chip,

thank you for reporting back to the community regarding how you solved your issue.

I will file a bug on the lack of error checking in the openvino_fd_myriad.py script.

Thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos