Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

cannot capture stream frames in Docker container

cmdjzs
Beginner

I pulled ubuntu18_runtime:2021.3 from official hub.And input path for VideoCapture is absolute path or rtsp ,it cannot effect at all,its False for isOpened() whatever inputs backend.

after browse a lot of aticles on web,I installed ffmpeg in container,its successful,but it doesn't work.

Could you please give me some advice?Great appreciate~

>>> import cv2
>>> ap = cv2.VideoCapture('rtsp://admin:123456@192.168.1.37/LiveMedia/ch1/Media1/trackID=1')
>>> ap
<VideoCapture 0x7f5f10c32370>
>>> ap.read()
(False, None)
>>>
>>>
>>> att = cv2.VideoCapture('/home/openvino/test06.mp4')
>>> att.read()
(False, None)
>>>

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wan_Intel

Hi Jee Zou,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I pulled openvino/ubuntu18_dev:latest on my side as demos are included in this image. After I installed vlc, I able to read() the input.

The steps are as follow:

Run image with the root privileges:

docker run -itu root:root –rm openvino/ubuntu18_dev:latest

Install vlc:

apt-get update

apt-get install vlc

Also, I have tested object_detection_demo.py with face-detection-adas-0001 with rtsp as input, it can run successfully without GUI display. The command to run the demo is:

python3 object_detection_demo.py -m <path_to_model> -i <path_to_input> --no_show -r -at ssd

Regards,

Wan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Jee Zou,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I pulled openvino/ubuntu18_dev:latest on my side as demos are included in this image. After I installed vlc, I able to read() the input.

The steps are as follow:

Run image with the root privileges:

docker run -itu root:root –rm openvino/ubuntu18_dev:latest

Install vlc:

apt-get update

apt-get install vlc

Also, I have tested object_detection_demo.py with face-detection-adas-0001 with rtsp as input, it can run successfully without GUI display. The command to run the demo is:

python3 object_detection_demo.py -m <path_to_model> -i <path_to_input> --no_show -r -at ssd

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
cmdjzs
Beginner

So,this original image is not executable for stream?ok, I knew it now,thanks a lot~

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Cmdjzs,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. 

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos