Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

classification_sample_async.exe not found

Jayesh
Beginner

Hi,

I've been trying to install the OpenVino toolkit on my laptop running on windows 10 from the past days and after troubleshooting a number of error that kept coming one after another, i'm can't seem to find a way around this one - 

The system cannot find the path specified.
classification_sample.exe -i "D:\program files\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\demo\car.png" -m "C:\Users\home\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP32\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.xml" -d CPU
'classification_sample.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Also there are no files at- C:\Users\home\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_demos_build\intel64\Release\

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Jayesh,

Thanks for providing the logs. Based on the information there, I can see that there is a space in the path of the samples (D:/program files/intel open vino/openvino_2019.3.379/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples). I have reproduced this issue on a different thread (here) of a user who reported something similar, our suggestion was as follows:

Luis_at_Intel (Intel) wrote:

...there seems to be an issue when there is a space in the models path. I am able to reproduce and its seems to be a bug in the demo script.

"Please edit the demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat file under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\ directory and make it look like this:

# line #102:
python "%downloader_dir%\downloader.py" --name "%model_name%" --output_dir "%models_path%" --cache_dir "%models_cache%"

# line #107:
if exist "%ir_dir%" (

You may need to modify the file as Administrator to be able to save the changes...

Let me know if the problem persists afterwards, I hope this resolves it. 

Regards,

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
33 Replies
Jayesh
Beginner

Hey Jesus,

I deleted all the contents of C:\Users\JacK\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\ and ran the verification scripts, but i again faced the same error. Even the demo_security_barrier_camera.bat script is showing similar error.

Where should the classification_sample_async.exe be located..? 

I searched my system and it is located in 

D:\program files\intel open vino\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\inference_engine\samples\intel64\Release

I've attached the logs after running both verification scripts.

Thanks & Regards

Jayesh

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Jayesh,

Thanks for providing the logs. Based on the information there, I can see that there is a space in the path of the samples (D:/program files/intel open vino/openvino_2019.3.379/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples). I have reproduced this issue on a different thread (here) of a user who reported something similar, our suggestion was as follows:

Luis_at_Intel (Intel) wrote:

...there seems to be an issue when there is a space in the models path. I am able to reproduce and its seems to be a bug in the demo script.

"Please edit the demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat file under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\ directory and make it look like this:

# line #102:
python "%downloader_dir%\downloader.py" --name "%model_name%" --output_dir "%models_path%" --cache_dir "%models_cache%"

# line #107:
if exist "%ir_dir%" (

You may need to modify the file as Administrator to be able to save the changes...

Let me know if the problem persists afterwards, I hope this resolves it. 

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Jayesh
Beginner

Hey luis,

In the demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat file the lines 102 and 107 were the same as the changes you asked me to make. I changed the folder name from intel open vino to intel_open_vino. Still nothing changed.

Thanks & Regards 

Jayesh

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Jayesh,

The changes may not look the same but there are double quotes missing around the parameters for both lines of code; for example in line #107 if exist ir_dir is missing double quotes around ir_dir, so it should be if exist "ir_dir". I would suggest to double check and make sure quotes are found there, this should take care of the issue with spaces and allow to have spaces in path. 

I assume the path is still an issue as there is another space before intel_open_vino in "program files" (D:/program files/intel open vino/openvino_2019.3.379/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples). The double quotes as mentioned above should take care of it, spaces shouldn't be an issue once double quotes are added.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Jayesh
Beginner

Hey Luis,

Thanks for pointing out that I needed to add double quotes in lines 102 and 107, unfortunately, adding them didn't work either and I'm still stuck with the same error.

Thanks & Regards

Jayesh

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Jayesh,

Did you also add on line #102 quotes around each of %downloader_dir%\downloader.py, %model_name%, %models_path% and %models_cache%?

python "%downloader_dir%\downloader.py" --name "%model_name%" --output_dir "%models_path%" --cache_dir "%models_cache%".

If the error persists, please provide the log of what you see and also the .bat script you have modified. 

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Jayesh
Beginner

Hey Luis,

The problem is still here. I've attached the files the modified .bat script as well as the log after running the script.

Thanks and Regards

Jayesh

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Jayesh,

Thanks for the info. Could you please try deleting the folder "C:\Users\JacK\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models" with all of its contents and re-run? I believe one thing that may be giving issues is that your installation of OpenVINO is installed in a path where there is a space, according to the log.txt, INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR is set to "D:\program files\intel_open_vino\openvino_2019.3.379".

Let me attempt to install the OpenVINO Software under a similar directory and let you know the results. My guess is that there is another bug in the demo scripts, and it "errors out" when the OpenVINO software is installed on a path with a space in it. I will get back to you shortly. 

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Ge__Zheng
Beginner

Hi Jayesh

I used to install openvino in directory D:\xxx\openvino and faced the exact same problem with you.

The problem was somehow solved by re-installing openvino into the default directory (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino)

and then everything works fine. Hope it helps.

Regards.

Caleb

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Jayesh,

I have tested installing the software in a similar directory and I still don't see the issue you do, everything works as expected with the script changes I previously mentioned. I am not sure what else to suggest besides removing the software and reinstalling again, maybe this time in the default directory if possible.

Keep in mind the scripts may need to be updated again (as mentioned before to take care of the spaces in your path). Make sure to install all pre-requisites, run the setupvars.bat, modify the demo script for the quotes on lines 102, 107 and save changes, etc.. Let me know if you have any questions throughout the process. 

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Jayesh
Beginner

Hey Luis,

Thank you so much for your help, I'll be using my friend's laptop to run OpenVino. 

Regards

Jayesh

0 Kudos
Bhat__Ganesh
Beginner

I too am facing this issue and currently I am unable to complete the course on Udacity due to the setup issue for models. Can someone help?

I have installed Visual Studio 2019 with MS Build on Windows 10 but get the error vswhere command not found.

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Bhat, Ganesh,

Looks like your issue is different to what this thread is discussing. If possible please open a new discussion with your environment information (OS version, OpenVINO version, Python*, CMake, etc.) and the steps you followed so we can help you troubleshoot. Also please elaborate more on what the issue is (i.e. at what point/step of the instructions).

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos