Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

compile_tool and myriad_compile - what's the difference?

Hawkes__Rycharde
New Contributor I

Using 2020.1, I've been converting models using compile_tool with some success but hit a problem with a specific model.  I saw that myriad_compile existed and tried that and ended up with a working model.  Why are there two compilers (I could only find docs for compile_tool)?

The two command-lines I've been using are:

compile_tool -m frozen-model.xml -d MYRIAD -ip U8 -VPU_MYRIAD_PLATFORM VPU_MYRIAD_2480 -VPU_NUMBER_OF_SHAVES 7 -VPU_NUMBER_OF_CMX_SLICES 7

and:

myriad_compile -m frozen-model.xml -ip U8 -VPU_MYRIAD_PLATFORM VPU_MYRIAD_2480 -VPU_NUMBER_OF_SHAVES 7 -VPU_NUMBER_OF_CMX_SLICES 7

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

I had tried both compile_tool and myriad_compile with myriad device.

compile_tool.jpgmyriad_compile.jpg

My finding for this is, they both have the same purpose which is to enables you to dump a loaded executable network blob.

The difference is myriad_compile is specifically meant to be used with myriad device and if you noticed, you don't have to insert -d MYRIAD to it.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos