Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

cv2.VideoCapture('rtsp://192.168.60.70/channel1') gets MFX: Unsupported extension error

Chandler25
Beginner

Hi,

I am running python yolo_v3 demo with OpenVINO 2020.3 LTS, I can run the demo successfully with the standard demo video "PedestrianTracker.mp4" and try to feed video from an IP cam. Slightly modified the demo code to capture video from IP cam:

#cap = cv2.VideoCapture(input_stream)
cap = cv2.VideoCapture('rtsp://192.168.60.70/channel1')

referred to OpenCV VideoCapture()  usage:

https://docs.opencv.org/master/d8/dfe/classcv_1_1VideoCapture.html#ac4107fb146a762454a8a87715d9b7c96

confirmed the rtsp stream works with VLC media player.

But it failed run python demo, 

Chandler25_0-1608111229823.png

any specific configuration for IP cam? 

I got same failure even set to same FPS 25 and resolution 720p for IP cam and the  PedestrianTracker.mp4 file.

Thanks,

Chandler

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

This is a warning, not an error.

On Windows you need to download FFmpeg plugin for OpenCV to work with network streams. Run the ffmpeg-download.ps1 script located in the <openvino>/opencv directory.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Rizal_Intel

Hi Chandler,

There should not be a particular issue when running on IP camera as some user managed to run using

"-i rtps://localhost:85444/live/stream" argument.

You could try running a standalone opencv code snippet to test the stream.

Regards,

Rizal

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

This is a warning, not an error.

On Windows you need to download FFmpeg plugin for OpenCV to work with network streams. Run the ffmpeg-download.ps1 script located in the <openvino>/opencv directory.

Chandler25
Beginner

Hi Maksim,

Thanks for input.

after installing ffmpeg it works capturing video.........to some extend.

I can now see a picture and some inference results?

or I still need to tweak the IP cam streaming format to some specific format?

Chandler

0 Kudos
Rizal_Intel

Hi Chandler,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Rizal

0 Kudos