Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat failure

berupon
Beginner

Hi, I installed computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420 on Windows 10 and tried to run demo by following the procedures but failed.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-Install-Windows#inpage-nav-5

The batch file uses the environment variable `%USERPROFILE%`.

Usually, the file path is `C:\Users\username` but I installed the SDK to D: drive because not much space are left in C: drive.

Someone who wrote the script candidly believe everyone uses the same fricking drive.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Cary_P_Intel1
Employee

Hi, berupon,

The folder is used to store the built libraries, dlls and files generated from CMake, doesn't matter where your OpenVINO is installed, could you post what the error is when you run the .bat file?

0 Kudos
berupon
Beginner

Cary P. (Intel) wrote:

Hi, berupon,

The folder is used to store the built libraries, dlls and files generated from CMake, doesn't matter where your OpenVINO is installed, could you post what the error is when you run the .bat file?

Hi, Cary.

I attached log.txt file. 

This command failed.
```
cd "%SOLUTION_DIR64%\intel64\Release"
```
So that subsequent command also failed.

Actually, this command is the root of the problem.
```
cd "%ROOT_DIR%\inference_engine\samples" && cmake -E make_directory "%SOLUTION_DIR64%" && cd "%SOLUTION_DIR64%" && cmake -G "Visual Studio %VS_VERSION% Win64" "%ROOT_DIR%\inference_engine\samples"
```
cd command isn't enough, switching drive is needed.

But first of all, I've been wondering if folks at Intel actually tested the demo after installing the toolkit to D: drive.

0 Kudos
berupon
Beginner

I finally installed the toolkit to another computer which has enough space left in C: drive.
And it works fine so let's forget about this issue.

0 Kudos
BBi
Beginner
hi, when i run demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat after installing openvino followed by the "Install Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Windows* 10", errors always occur like this: python "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo_caffe.py" --input_model "D:\WinLinShare\tmp\model\solver_iter_12000.caffemodel" --data_type FP16 --output_dir "C:\Users\Barret\Desktop\tmp\FP16" ...... Model Optimizer version: 2019.2.0-436-gf5827d4 [ ERROR ] Detected not satisfied dependencies: test-generator: not installed, required: 0.1.1 defusedxml: not installed, required: 0.5.0 Please install required versions of components or use install_prerequisites script C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\install_prerequisites\install_prerequisites_caffe.bat Note that install_prerequisites scripts may install additional components. Error C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo>pip3 install test-generator defusedxml Requirement already satisfied: test-generator in c:\users\barret\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages (0.1.1) Requirement already satisfied: defusedxml in c:\users\barret\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-packages (0.5.0) Requirement already satisfied: six in c:\users\barret\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages (from test-generator) (1.12.0) C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo> Actually, these dependencies are all installed. What's the reason? Could you give me some hint, please? Here's my hardware information and OS: CPU: Intel Core-i7-8550U OS: Windows 10 x64 OpenVINO: w_openvino_toolkit_p_2019.2.242.exe PS: when i tried in Ubuntu16.04, it's successfull --- python3 /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/mo_caffe.py --input_model /mnt/hgfs/WinLinShare/tmp/model/solver_iter_12000.caffemodel -o /mnt/hgfs/WinLinShare/tmp/FP16 --data_type FP16 [ SUCCESS ] Generated IR model. [ SUCCESS ] XML file: /mnt/hgfs/WinLinShare/tmp/FP16/solver_iter_12000.xml [ SUCCESS ] BIN file: /mnt/hgfs/WinLinShare/tmp/FP16/solver_iter_12000.bin [ SUCCESS ] Total execution time: 49.35 seconds. look forward to your feedbacks, thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Bi, Barret

Actually, these dependencies are all installed. What's the reason? Could you give me some hint, please?

Are you sure they are installed ? Because I just filed a bug on this very issue. I had to manually do:

pip install test-generator

pip install defusedxml

Then the problem went away.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
BBi
Beginner

hi, Shubha R,

thanks for your reply

yes, i am sure these are installed and also can find it in my computer. i have tried again : firstly uninstall these two dependencies and secondly install them like 

pip install test-generator

pip install defusedxml

but still got the same result as before :

Model Optimizer version:        2019.2.0-436-gf5827d4
[ ERROR ]
Detected not satisfied dependencies:
        test-generator: not installed, required: 0.1.1
        defusedxml: not installed, required: 0.5.0

Please install required versions of components or use install_prerequisites script
C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\install_prerequisites\install_prerequisites_caffe.bat
Note that install_prerequisites scripts may install additional components.
Error

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo>pip install test-generator
Requirement already satisfied: test-generator in c:\users\barret\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-packages (0.1.1)
Requirement already satisfied: six in c:\users\barret\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages (from test-generator) (1.12.0)

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo>pip install test-generator
Requirement already satisfied: test-generator in c:\users\barret\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-packages (0.1.1)
Requirement already satisfied: six in c:\users\barret\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages (from test-generator) (1.12.0)

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo>
C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo>pip install defusedxml
Requirement already satisfied: defusedxml in c:\users\barret\appdata\local\programs\python\python37\lib\site-packages (0.5.0)

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo>

==========================================

And then tried on the other computer, also encountered this problem but after installing these two dependencies with the same cmd mentioned above, the problem went away. and convert models correctly.

==========================================

so i don't know why it doesn't work on my notebook. why???

By the way, how can i uninstall openvino on windows thoroughly ??? Cuz i have reinstalled openvino for windows serveral times on my notebook and this problem occured every time.

Could you give me some better suggestions?  look forward to your reply, tks

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Bi, Barret

Sorry that you're having so much trouble installing OpenVino properly.  Model Optimizer version:        2019.2.0-436-gf5827d4 is old  already. We just recently released OpenVino 2019R3.

To uninstall OpenVino in Windows use Windows Add/Remove programs. That's it.

Then if there are any leftover OpenVino directories under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools just delete them manually (if the above Add/Remove Programs was done first).

Since the install_prerequisites is failing for you on Windows i suspect a messed up Windows Python environment. Please delete all versions of Python from your laptop via Add/Remove Programs. Once done with that, delete all site-packages directories on your laptop. There may be many of them.

Then after all that, kindly follow the OpenVino Windows Installation Steps carefully. If you start from a clean environment, it should go smoothly.

Normally installation and operation of OpenVino on Windows is very simple and straightforward.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
BBi
Beginner

Dear Shubha, 
yes, i installed openvino 2019R3. Just as you said, i uninstalled all versions of python and reinstall it. then run this demo and succeed at last. 
Many thanks for your kindly suggestion.

result :

================================================================================

等待 2 秒,按一个键继续 ...
已复制         1 个文件。
classification_sample_async.exe -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\\car.png" -m "C:\Users\Barret\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP16\public\squeezenet1.1\squeezenet1.1.xml" -d CPU
[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:
        API version ............ 2.1
        Build .................. 30677
        Description ....... API
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Files were added: 1
[ INFO ]     C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\\car.png
[ INFO ] Creating Inference Engine
        CPU
        MKLDNNPlugin version ......... 2.1
        Build ........... 30677

[ INFO ] Loading network files
[ INFO ] Preparing input blobs
[ WARNING ] Image is resized from (787, 259) to (227, 227)
[ INFO ] Batch size is 1
[ INFO ] Loading model to the device
[ INFO ] Create infer request
[ INFO ] Start inference (10 asynchronous executions)
[ INFO ] Completed 1 async request execution
[ INFO ] Completed 2 async request execution
[ INFO ] Completed 3 async request execution
[ INFO ] Completed 4 async request execution
[ INFO ] Completed 5 async request execution
[ INFO ] Completed 6 async request execution
[ INFO ] Completed 7 async request execution
[ INFO ] Completed 8 async request execution
[ INFO ] Completed 9 async request execution
[ INFO ] Completed 10 async request execution
[ INFO ] Processing output blobs

Top 10 results:

Image C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\\car.png

classid probability label
------- ----------- -----
817     0.8364178   sports car, sport car
511     0.0945683   convertible
479     0.0419195   car wheel
751     0.0091233   racer, race car, racing car
436     0.0068038   beach wagon, station wagon, wagon, estate car, beach waggon, station waggon, waggon
656     0.0037315   minivan
586     0.0025940   half track
717     0.0016044   pickup, pickup truck
864     0.0012045   tow truck, tow car, wrecker
581     0.0005833   grille, radiator grille

[ INFO ] Execution successful

[ INFO ] This sample is an API example, for any performance measurements please use the dedicated benchmark_app tool

###############|| Classification demo completed successfully ||###############

等待  8 秒,按一个键继续 ...

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo>demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat

================================================================================

BTW, during running this demo, another error occured : svml_dispmd.dll cannot be found. and download it from internet and place it under the same dir the demo exists,
and then run this demo successfully as mentioned above.

0 Kudos