Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

error while running the openvino face_recognition_demo :RuntimeError: Cannot create ShapeOf layer fc

aicha
Novice

Hi Intel,
I am new at using OpenVino and NCS2 .. I am now trying to run the face_recognition_demo that I got from the open model zoo on windows10 . Iam using version 2020.3 of openvino toolkit.

But I get this error everytime i try to do so ( error below).

I  would be very greatful to you if you help me. Thank you in advance.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "face_recognition_demo.py", line 444, in <module>
main()
File "face_recognition_demo.py", line 439, in main
visualizer = Visualizer(args)
File "face_recognition_demo.py", line 238, in __init__
self.frame_processor = FrameProcessor(args)
File "face_recognition_demo.py", line 130, in __init__
face_detector_net = self.load_model(args.m_fd)
File "face_recognition_demo.py", line 175, in load_model
model = self.context.ie_core.read_network(model_path, model_weights_path)
File "ie_api.pyx", line 136, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IECore.read_network
File "ie_api.pyx", line 157, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IECore.read_network
RuntimeError: Cannot create ShapeOf layer fc7_mbox_priorbox/0_port id:192

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @aicha

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Since this is regarding errors using Intel® OpenVINO™ Toolkit, we would like to inform you that we have a forum for those specific products and questions so we are moving it to the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit Forum so it can get answered more quickly.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

aicha
Novice

Hello @AndrewG_Intel,

Thank you for your response. I'll try reposting the error there.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Aicha,

Greetings to you.

I’ve validated that the face_recognition_demo works well with all the listed models that are downloaded by Model Downloader in OpenVINO™ 2020.3.

I’ve also validated that when I run the face recognition demo using the face-detection-retail-0004 model which was downloaded using Model Downloader in various later versions of OpenVINO™ (2021.3,2021.2,2021.1,2020.4), I get the exact runtime error as you do.

This is because the IR model also has its own version and may face compatibility issues with the Inference Engine in the various OpenVINO versions. Please check the models that you’re using. It is always advisable to use the Model Downloader in the OpenVINO™ that you’re using, to download the model.

For more information, please refer to the Release Notes for Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit 2020 under the section “New and Changed in the Release 4”, subsection “Backward Incompatible Changes Compared with v.2020 Release 3”.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/openvino-relnotes-2020.html

Regards,

Peh

aicha
Novice

Hi @Peh_Intel,

Thank you for your response.

The demo works fine for me without any errors when I choose GPU or Myriad .. the error occurs only when I use CPU..

regards

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Aicha,

Thanks for pointing out. For this PriorBox layer, it is supported by GPU and MYRIAD plugins while the support for CPU is implemented via Extensibility mechanism.

You may refer to this documentation:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.3/openvino_docs_IE_DG_supported_plugins_Supported_Devices.html#supported_layers

For the Extensibility mechanism, please refer to this documentation:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.3/openvino_docs_IE_DG_Extensibility_DG_Intro.html#inference_engine_extension_library

As an alternative, use the Model Downloader in OpenVINO™ 2020.3 to download the models. I’ve verified that these models work fine with the face recognition demo. Also, please take note that you need to run the setupvars.bat which is located in the bin directory of OpenVINO™ 2020.3 before implementing the demo.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
aicha
Novice

Hi, thank you for your response.

I will try this solution and then I will let you know what happened .
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Aicha,

Greetings to you.

I am not hearing back from you lately. Hence, I am going to close this thread.

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
aicha
Novice

Hi @Peh_Intel ,

I am sorry, I thought I posted my feedback .

Everything works fine for me now, I found that I was trying to run a demo from OpenVino 2020.3 with OpenVino 2021.1 environment. I solved it by runing it on 2020.3 environment .

Thank very much for your help .

regards. 

0 Kudos