Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

executable network (blob) for NCS2 significantly larger than source (xml+bin)

sonebu
Beginner

I'm using the Python API, OpenVINO 2020.4 and primarily do development on the NCS2 (-d MYRIAD)

I read a network in from the xml + bin source using functions read_network() and load_network(). Then I export the executable network as a blob file. The xml + bin file is of size A bytes, and the blob is of size B bytes.

I've consistently seen B>A by a significant margin of ~2-3 MB for all models that I've tested from the open model zoo. Is this expected behavior? Is there any way to avoid it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IntelSupport

Hi Sonebu,

Thanks for reaching out.

Probably no, the size of the blob file should be the same as the XML + bin file.

You can check this page on how to run the MYRIAD compile to get the blob file. Then, you will see the blob file and the XML + bin file should be in the same size.

https://docs.luxonis.com/tutorials/converting_openvino_model/#run-myriad_compile

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Sonebu,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos