Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6447 Discussions

guidance for converting openvino to exe file

karthickselvan
Beginner

karthickselvan_0-1708091014107.png

I have a python script which having a openvino model from yolov8 model, It works good in python but while I am converted to execution file .exe, this file does not executed shows an error unable to read the model , Please suggest some method to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Aznie_Intel

Hi Karthickselvan,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Aznie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aznie_Intel

Hi Karthickselvan,

Thanks for reaching.

Can you share your workaround when converting into the execution file (.exe)? You may also share your yolov8 model for us to further check.

Meanwhile, there are a few Community members have successfully created the executable file using PyInstaller. However, please note that PyInstaller is not officially supported by OpenVINO™. You may check the following cases:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Distribution-of-OpenVINO/Are-pyinstaller-and-openvino-incompatible/td-p/1168565

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Distribution-of-OpenVINO/Exe-built-using-OpenVino-and-pyinstaller-does-not-work-with-R3/m-p/1188030

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
karthickselvan
Beginner

Thank you for helping me out,

I having a two files one is yolo to openvino using export.py and another one is openvino model python file 

karthickselvan_0-1708145010045.png

This is Export File  to export the weight from .pt to openvino_model/

karthickselvan_1-1708145645902.png

This is the program I need to change as execution file , This Program is working perfectly in python but after converting to the execution file. it encouters the error , unable to read the model. please check the model , Eventhough I added the path and dependencies properly, Please help me to solve it out

Regards 

Karthick Selvan A

0 Kudos
Aznie_Intel

Hi Karthickselvan,

May I know which guide you are following? When you export a model to OpenVINO format, the results in a directory must contain the following:

1. XML file: Describes the network topology.
  2. BIN file: Contains the weights and biases binary data.
  3. Mapping file: Holds mapping of original model output tensors to OpenVINO tensor names.

Regards,

Aznie

Aznie_Intel

Hi Karthickselvan,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
karthickselvan
Beginner

Thank You Anzie for your valuable support in guidance for assissting me to solve this  issue. For the above problem the required pakages for openvino are missed in the execution file. So I import the required packages via spec file. So the execution file runs successfully. 

0 Kudos