Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

libcpu_extension_avx2.so No such file or directory Error

Na__Taeho
Beginner

Hi

I have installed OpenVINO for CVAT on Mac, but some problem with 'libcpu_extension_avx2.so'.

• OpenVINO : 2020.1.023

When executing the 'Auto Segmentation' function or click 'Submit' button after all necessary files attached in 'Upload a new model' page, the following error occurs.

Cannot load library '/opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libcpu_extension_avx2.so': /opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libcpu_extension_avx2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory '

There is no 'libcpu_extension_avx2.so' file in the path '/opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/' in my Mac.

How can I get the 'libcpu_extension_avx2.so' file?

I want to solve the error.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Max_L_Intel

Hi Taeho.

Unfortunately, as one of backward incompatible changes compared with OpenVINO toolkit 2019 R3 build, the CPU extensions library libcpu_extension_avx2.so was removed in 2020.1 build, so the extensions were moved into the plugin.

You could try OpenVINO toolkit 2019 R3 build.

Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
Khalitov__Artem
Beginner

what kind of plugin? How to use it ? Can I elaborate?

0 Kudos
Li__Rachel
Beginner

what kind of plugin? How to use it ? Can I elaborate? + 1

0 Kudos
Li__Rachel
Beginner

Where to get the libcpu_extension_avx2.so. Could you please elaborate? 

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/ie_python_api/classie__api_1_1IECore.html#adf1cf8c8d741ece2e18fad9dbc14a076

ie = IECore()

ie.add_extension(extension_path="/some_dir/libcpu_extension_avx2.so", device_name="CPU")

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hello, Artem, Rachel.

In OpenVINO toolkit 2020.1 build CPU extensions (including AVX) have been included into CPU MKL-DNN plugin - https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_IE_DG_supported_plugins_CPU.html

The plugin file libMKLDNNPlugin.so is located in the same directory: openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/

If you see any errors related to missing libcpu_extension_avx2.so file from any OpenVINO toolkit 2020.1 embedded tools, please let us know.

0 Kudos