Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

nGraph unit-test failure

C_Okawa
Beginner

I ran unit-test program of nGraph generated by building from OpenVINO GitHub source and a failure occurs. This program is not included in OpenVINO binary package. I used OpenVINO 2020.3.1LTS source and x86_64 Xeon server. Have you seen the issue? Does the issue cause other problems?

The issue is not occur when I tried newer version NervanaSystems/ngraph (f677a11) on same server.

The failure message is :

--------
[ RUN ] constant.shared_data
unknown file: Failure
C++ exception with description "Buffer over-read" thrown in the test body.
[ FAILED ] constant.shared_data (0 ms)
[----------] 53 tests from constant (1 ms total)
[----------] Global test environment tear-down
[==========] 6183 tests from 95 test cases ran. (65362 ms total)
[ PASSED ] 6182 tests.
[ FAILED ] 1 test, listed below:
[ FAILED ] constant.shared_data

1 FAILED TEST
YOU HAVE 27 DISABLED TESTS

--------

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
9 Replies
IntelSupport

Hi Chisato Okawa,

Thanks for reaching out. We are currently investigating this and will get back to you with the information at the earliest.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Chisato Okawa,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. We are able to run the test on Ubuntu 18.04 machine with some modifications to the instructions. Do "export NGRAPH_CPP_BUILD_PATH="${MY_OPENVINO_BASEDIR}/openvino_dist/deployment_tools/ngraph" instead of "export NGRAPH_CPP_BUILD_PATH="${MY_OPENVINO_BASEDIR}/openvino_dist"

Also, the ngraph-core filename was different: ngraph_core-0.0.0.dev0-cp36-cp36m-linux_x86-64.whl instead of ngraph_core-0.0.0-cp38-cp38-linux_x86_64.whl

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
C_Okawa
Beginner

Hi Aznie,

Thank you for your information. I ran not python test but "unit-test" binary built by cmake with "-D TESTS_ENABLE=ON" option. Did you try "unit-test" binary?

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Chisato Okawa,

We are still investigating this case. Can I know which documentation you are following?

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
C_Okawa
Beginner
0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Chisato Okawa,

Can we get some information on how exactly your execution of the unit-test binary? We would like to see the full CMake command to build and then the full unit-test execution command. The link provided is to build the OpenVINO Toolkit in Linux and doesn't contain instruction for unit-test.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
C_Okawa
Beginner

Hi Aznie,

I ran "unit-test" binary with following. "-D TESTS_ENABLE=ON" was not needed to build "unit-test" when I reconfirmed cmake option.

-----

$ git clone -b "2020.3.1" https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino.git

$ cd openvino

$ git submodule update --init --recursive

$ ./install_dependencies.sh

$ mkdir build && cd build

$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DENABLE_MKL_DNN=OFF  -DENABLE_CLDNN=OFF ..

$ make --jobs=$(nproc --all)

$ ../bin/intel64/Release/unit-test

-----

Regards,

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Chisato Okawa,

We have not seen the issue from our end. We were able to replicate this on the 2020.3.1(LTS) release as you mentioned. It looks like a minor bug since all other tests are passed successfully, we will check with the developers and update you soon.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Chisato Okawa,

The unit-test binary is an internal developer component and it can be built from a source. It is not needed for user applications. Having some of unit-test failed is an expected scenario. Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos