Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

no module named 'mvnc'

Rimsha_ch
Beginner

i was testing yolo after installing ncsdk2 and darkflow, but having this error

"No module name mvnc "

In one of the work i am also facing an error mvnc compiler command not found ..till now that i get its some make issue but did not understand what exactly i can do to fix this issue

i am working on raspberry pi 3 b+ with buster release if someone can help with that

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi RChau12,

That is correct, the Intel Movidius Neural Compute SDK only supports the original Intel Movidius Neural Compute Stick.

The OpenVINO toolkit will work with the Intel NCS 2 on the Raspberry Pi 3. Please follow this getting started guide: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html

It has been tested on both Buster and Stretch. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi RChau12,

Did you install the Intel Neural Compute SDK (Intel NCSDK) in api or toolkit mode? If you are following this guide and installed in API mode the mvnc tools will not be installed. There is a possibility buster may not work as it has not been tested with the Intel NCSDK.

Could you also confirm you are using the Intel Movidius Neural Compute Stick? The Intel NCSDK does not support the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Rimsha_ch
Beginner

Thanks for your reply,

i just got that i NCSDK does not support NCS2 , i need to do openvino for NCS2. I would like to ask it is possible buster may not work with openvino too and NCS2 can used with RPI 3+ ?? i just read somewhere in comments that NCS2 can not be used with RPI 3+.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi RChau12,

That is correct, the Intel Movidius Neural Compute SDK only supports the original Intel Movidius Neural Compute Stick.

The OpenVINO toolkit will work with the Intel NCS 2 on the Raspberry Pi 3. Please follow this getting started guide: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html

It has been tested on both Buster and Stretch. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Rimsha_ch
Beginner

i am following the same guide everything goes fine till step "Add USB rules" ,but when i move towards build and run object detection sample i got errors ....cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples......i got error "found package configuration file (path of file ) but it set inferenceEngine_FOUND to FALSE so packages "inferenceEngine" is considered to be NOT FOUND"....in next step make -j2 object_detection_sample_ssd error is "make: *** No rule to make target 'object_detection_sample' "

now do i need to used RPI 3 B instead of RPI 3 B+? i am bit confused about

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi RChau12,

The cmake command did not complete as it cannot find the InferenceEngine as the environment variables have not been set. You need to source the setupvars.sh every time you open a terminal or add it to the bashrc file.

echo "source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh" >> ~/.bashrc

Please give this a try and let me know if this solves your issue.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Rimsha_ch
Beginner

i tried this but still gets the same error .......and i modified .bashrc file permanently to set environment  

0 Kudos
Rimsha_ch
Beginner

I am really thankful for your help and time , i was using 2018 release of openvino that was the issue . i just run the examples. Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi RChau12,

I'm glad you are now able to run the sample! Feel free to start a new discussion if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos