cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YKIA
Beginner

openvino smart classroom demo output video

Jump to solution

I'm running the smart classroom demo and I want to save the captures to video file.  Below is my command:

smart_classroom_demo.exe -i 0 -m_act "person-detection-action-recognition-0005\FP32\person-detection-action-recognition-0005.xml" -m_fd "face-detection-retail-0004\FP32\face-detection-retail-0004.xml" -m_lm "landmarks-regression-retail-0009\FP32\landmarks-regression-retail-0009.xml" -m_reid "face-reidentification-retail-0095\FP32\face-reidentification-retail-0095.xml" -out_v "openvino.mp4"

I use -out_v to save the captures into a mp4 video file. Although the video file is successfully created but when i opened it the video cannot be loaded.

Anyone can help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

as you may see examining application source (main.cpp) output video format is hardcoded to be MJPG

if (!FLAGS_out_v.empty()) {
            vid_writer = cv::VideoWriter(FLAGS_out_v, cv::VideoWriter::fourcc('M', 'J', 'P', 'G'),
                                         cap->fps(), Visualizer::GetOutputSize(frame.size()));
        }

and so, you need to have MJPG decoder in system to playback file.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Yinkai,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We recommend that you save the output video in .avi format.

Regards,

Adli

YKIA
Beginner

Hi Adli,

I have try .avi, .mp4, .wmv, .mov format. All of them shows the same error -: This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.

Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

as you may see examining application source (main.cpp) output video format is hardcoded to be MJPG

if (!FLAGS_out_v.empty()) {
            vid_writer = cv::VideoWriter(FLAGS_out_v, cv::VideoWriter::fourcc('M', 'J', 'P', 'G'),
                                         cap->fps(), Visualizer::GetOutputSize(frame.size()));
        }

and so, you need to have MJPG decoder in system to playback file.

View solution in original post

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Yinkai,

If possible, could you share additional information about your input data ? Is it a video file or you are getting input data from webcam?

Regards,

Adli