Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6442 Discussions

pip install 'openvino==2024.1.0' Not Working

insdaguirre
Beginner

Hi,

Late 2019 Macbook Pro w/ 2.3ghz 8 Core i9 user running Mac OS fully up to date. I am running Python 3.12.3, and have followed the install directions explicitly as stated on :

https://docs.openvino.ai/2024/get-started/install-openvino.html?VERSION=v_2024_1_0&OP_SYSTEM=MACOS&DISTRIBUTION=ARCHIVE.

Despite this, I am continuing to get this error: ERROR:

Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement openvino==2024.1.0 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for openvino==2024.1.0.

However, I know that this is not the case as I made a fresh venv for this install and have verified that both pip and python are the correct versions numerous times. Any recommendations for further troubleshooting. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Aznie_Intel

Hi Insdaguire,

Thanks for reaching out. For OpenVINO 2024.0 version, only Python* 3.8 - 3.11 is supported. Python 3.12.3 is not yet supported with OpenVINO. You may check the System Requirement for OpenVINO installation.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
Aznie_Intel

Hi Insdaguire,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided information. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos