Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

translation from NHWC to NCHW

Gupta__Shubham
New Contributor I

Hey,

I am trying to convert my tensorflow model(.pb) to IR using the script mo_tf.py and i dont want model optimizer to perform the translation operation on input size from (n,H,W,C) to (n,C,H,W)  so i am passing the flag --disable_nhwc_to_nchw, but then it is giving error :

[ ERROR ]  Concat input shapes do not match
[ ERROR ]  Shape is not defined for output 0 of "concatenate/concat".
[ ERROR ]  Cannot infer shapes or values for node "concatenate/concat".
[ ERROR ]  Not all output shapes were inferred or fully defined for node "concatenate/concat".
[ ERROR ]  
[ ERROR ]  It can happen due to bug in custom shape infer function <function concat_infer at 0x7f1dbeced0d0>.
[ ERROR ]  Or because the node inputs have incorrect values/shapes.
[ ERROR ]  Or because input shapes are incorrect (embedded to the model or passed via --input_shape).
[ ERROR ]  Run Model Optimizer with --log_level=DEBUG for more information.
[ ERROR ]  Stopped shape/value propagation at "concatenate/concat" node.

I am running the following command:

python3 mo_tf.py --input_model frozen_model.pb --output_dir model --tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/extensions/front/tf/yolo_v3.json --input_shape [1,416,416,3] --disable_nhwc_to_nchw

PS. It runs fine if I dont pass the --disable_nhwc_to_nchw flag.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Shubham

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Hi shubham does it work when you do not add the -disable_nhwc_to_nchw flag ? Also please provide a link with the exact yolo3 model you are using.

0 Kudos
Gupta__Shubham
New Contributor I

Hi Shubha, yes it works if don't add  -disable_nhwc_to_nchw flag, but then then during the inference, model is detecting lot of objetcs in a frame.

I converted the darknet yolov3 to keras framework and also removed some of the layers for my use case, but the last layers(3 output layers-YoloRegion) have the same dimension as of darknet

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Shubham. Can you try with  --log_level DEBUG ?  

It may help to dump the tensorflow model to a text version to see if there's something odd about node "concatenate/concat".

0 Kudos