Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

what(): Cannot create ShapeOf layer softmax40/ShapeOf id:21

ry3nwa
Beginner

Hi ,

I am trying to run inference on my RPi 4 with Rasbian OS ans NC2. My model is a custom trained model made in MATLAB R2020b. There is no inference issues when testing the model in the MATLAB environment. I first converted the trained model too ONNX format using the exportONNXNetwork command in MATLAB.

The conversion between ONNX was also successful with no errors / warnings using the following command (I have attached the resulting .xml file).

python mo.py --input_model nn.onnx --data_type FP16

When i try the model on the raspberry pi i get the following error;

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'InferenceEngine::details::InferenceEngineException'
what(): Cannot create ShapeOf layer softmax40/ShapeOf id:21
Aborted

I couldn't find any help towards solving this error, I am using the same version of openvino on my desktop and raspberry pi 2021.1. Any help towards solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ry3nwa,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Your query will be best answered by our Open VINO support team. We will help you to move this post to the designated team so they can further assist you.

Best regards,

Victor G

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi ry3nwa,

Have you try to run any of the OpenVINO samples or demos and check if the same error arises or not. Please come back to me with the result of the samples or demos.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
ry3nwa
Beginner

I have tested a couple openvino models which work.

I have also retrained the Vgg19 nerual network on my data from within MATLAB, exported to openvino IR and works as expected. The issue seems to be relating my custom architecture. 

inputlayer (with normalisation) > convolution2d > batch norm >relu > max pooling > convolution2d > batch norm > relu > fully connected > softmax (error occurs on this layer) > classification output.

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Ryan,

Please share more details about your custom model, is it an object/classification model, the layers in use, and environment details (versions of Python, CMake, etc.).

If possible, please share the trained model files for us to reproduce your issue.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
ry3nwa
Beginner

Hi,

I have the following installed on the raspberry pi;

• Python 3.6
  • OpenCV 4.1
  • Cmake 3.13.4-1
  • Raspbian Buster 10
  • OpenVino 2021.1

On my desktop I have the following;

• Windows 10 (up to date)
  • MATLAB 2020b
  • Python 3.6
  • OpenVino 2021.1

The architecture is for binary image classification.

1. Input image layer with zerocenter nomalisation and a input of size 50x275x3
  2. Convolution2dlayer with a filter size of 25x138, 6 filters and a stride of 13x69 and padding "same"
  3. Batch normalisation layer
  4. ReLU layer
  5. Max pooling 2D layer, pool size of 2x2 and stride 1x1
  6. Convolution2DLayer, filter size of 13,x69, 6 filters and a stride of 7x35 and padding "same"
  7. batch normalisation layer
  8. ReLU layer
  9. Fully connected layer with outside size of 2
  10. Softmax layer
  11. Classification output layer

MATLAB code for the above;

layers = [
    imageInputLayer([50 275 3],"Name","imageinput","Normalization","zerocenter")
    convolution2dLayer([25 138],6,"Name","conv_1","Padding","same","Stride",[13 69])
    batchNormalizationLayer("Name","batchnorm_1")
    reluLayer("Name","relu_1")
    maxPooling2dLayer([2 2],"Name","maxpool_1","Padding","same")
    convolution2dLayer([13 69],6,"Name","conv_2","Padding","same","Stride",[7 35])
    batchNormalizationLayer("Name","batchnorm_3")
    reluLayer("Name","relu_2")
    fullyConnectedLayer(2,"Name","fc")
    softmaxLayer("Name","softmax")
    classificationLayer("Name","classoutput")
];

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Ryan,

We need further information from you. What's the topology of your model (and source repository name if possible) ?

Also, are you able to run inference on your custom model using CPU?

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
ry3nwa
Beginner

Hi,

Yes the model runs on the CPU (the final confusion matrix is no where near the same as it is in MATLAB though, might be the pre-processing need to investigate this).

I have uploaded a minimal example here (without the MATLAB stuff);

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10KD6octnuFUwgZtS9o_asMe6TxChYURd/view?usp=sharing 

How do i get the model to run on MYDRID correctly?

Also connecting the Neural compute stick 2 to my desktop using MYDRID the error is gone but the inference probaility is always [1, 0] (might be failing siliently)?

The topology is a convolutional neural network, specific details can be found in the .xml file (downloadable by following the link). 

0 Kudos
ry3nwa
Beginner

Sorry, fixed the inference issue on the CPU just need to get it running on the Neural Compute Stick!

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Ryan,

It’s great to know that you are able to run inference using CPU. I’ve tested your model and I’m able to run in my desktop by adding -d MYRIAD and obtain similar result. Are you still facing issues to run inference on your model using NCS2?

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
ry3nwa
Beginner

Yes, inference on the NC2 using MYRIAD always results in the same class probabilities regardless of the input image, being [1, 0] in every case.

Using the code supplied above I get a confusion matrix of [352, 21; 95, 504] on the CPU. Using MYRIAD I get [373, 0;  599, 0]. 

Printing out the prob variable It is always [1. 0.], using the openvino python classification_sample.py with -d MYRIAD gives exactly the same results.  

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Ryan,

OpenVINO™ toolkit provides a set of pre-trained and public models that can be used for learning and demo purposes or for developing deep learning software. We’ve validated and tested limited set of model topologies for these purposes.  You can get more information about these at the following links:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.2/omz_models_intel_index.html

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.2/omz_models_public_index.html

Please also note that VPU devices (Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick, Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2, and Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs) do not support all available topologies that are supported by CPU. The link below shows the correlation between pre-trained models, demos, and supported plugins.

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.2/omz_demos_README.html#demos_that_support_pre_trained_models

If your model is a generic model without any specific topology, we can’t guarantee that it’s going to work. Otherwise, if it’s based on some existing model topology, please specify your model topology or provide us a link of from where you downloaded this model.

We tested your model and your sample. We tried to change the device argument from inside your code, because apparently, your code does not support -d argument.

We share the results here.

Testing results: Custom code

Model: Custom model

CPU – [[373,0], [599,0]]

MYRIAD – 0.0

We also tested your model with Image Classification Python Sample Async.

Testing results: Image Classification Python Sample Async

Model: Custom model

CPU – probability value varies according to input images

MYRIAD – probability value is [1,0] for all input images

We used Intel® Core™ i7-10610U Processor for testing.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Ryan,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a validated solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos