Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

while installing intel openvino 2020.3.2 on NUC(Model Number: NUC7JY), getting warning "OpenCL™ driv

KKiran
Novice

I am trying to install Intel OpenVINO 2020.3.2 on a Intel NUC(Model Number: NUC7JY) on windows 10 64 bit. I am getting warning called "OpenCL™ driver is missing". So as it is a warning I ignored and installed OpenVINO. After installation of OpenVINO, I am "running install_prerequisites.bat" except some warning no errors. But after, when I tried running demos I am getting an error 

[ ERROR ] Failed to create plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll for device CPU
Please, check your environment
Cannot load library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll': 1114 from cwd: C:\Users\simeo\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release

I couldn't understand the problem.

System Configuration:

Intel NUC model Number: NUC7JY.

OpenVINO version: 2020.3.2

FYI: on the same device in ubuntu, I am able to install OpenVINO 2020.3, run demos successfully.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hairul_Intel

Hi Kkiran,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We find that the NUC (Model Number: NUC7JY) uses Intel® Celeron® J4005 Processor , which is not a supported processor for OpenVINO Toolkit. This information can be found in System Requirements.

The issue that you are facing is a known issue in OpenVINO Toolkit 2020.3 where the CPU plugin does not work on Windows system with CPUs that don't support AVX2 instruction set. For your information, Intel® Celeron® J4005 Processor does not support AVX2 instruction set.

A workaround for this issue is to manually rebuild the CPU plugin using Open Source OpenVINO with CMake feature flags ENABLE_AVX2=OFF and ENABLE_AVX512=OFF. You can refer here.

These information are available in the Known Issues section of Release Notes.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi Kkiran,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos