Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
408 Discussions

EII becomes slower when using a basler camera?

Louis8
New Contributor I

Do you know that EII becomes slower when using a basler camera?

I am testing the basic version of EII 4.1.0 by connecting a Basler camera.

It is being tested on EII4.1.0.

After a day, camera frame capture becomes extremely slow.

After about 2 days, the performance becomes so bad that it is unusable.
Are you aware of this slowing down phenomenon??

Of course, we also did a comparison test with Logitech's USB camera.
However, the same phenomenon occurred.

If you did know, what is the solution??
I'm not sure what to do if a system keeps slowing down.

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Louis

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

This seems to be related to your other issue. I will close this thread and we can continue support on your other thread (below) as it's been escalated to the development team. 

Is there a relationship between the camera's Frame Size (640*640) and CPU & Memory usage in EII? - Intel Community

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Louis,

Thanks for reaching out, could you please let me know what use case you are running? Additionally, could you provide the hardware specification of the system running EII?

Please also check docker logs <container_name> for any errors/warnings.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Louis8
New Contributor I

The device I used and use case are as follows.

• use case is video-streaming-evam.yml

• Device Name: DESKTOP-EQDD9Q8
  • Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
  • Installed RAM: 8.00GB (7.68GB usable)
  • System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thanks,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Louis,

What type of Basler camera are you using? Could you share the camera model and the complete pipeline that you are using?

If you are using a USB Basler camera, can you check the USBFS limit on the system and increate to 1000MB?

In the pipeline, could you try to increate throughput value and decrease exposure-time?

Refer to the following pipeline example:

gencamsrc serial=<DEVICE_SERIAL_NUMBER> pixel-format=ycbcr422_8 width=1920 height=1080 exposure-time=5000 exposure-mode=timed exposure-auto=off throughput-limit=300000000 name=source ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=BGR ! appsink name=destination

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Louis8
New Contributor I

We are using the Basler aceacA1440-220uc model.

We tested by adjusting the throughput value and decrease exposure-time, but the system continued to slow down.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

This seems to be related to your other issue. I will close this thread and we can continue support on your other thread (below) as it's been escalated to the development team. 

Is there a relationship between the camera's Frame Size (640*640) and CPU & Memory usage in EII? - Intel Community

0 Kudos