Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
405 Discussions

EII3.0 network setting issue with tutorials program (Defect Detection Demo)

AmandaLee
New Contributor I

Dear Sir,

Target system: EII 3.0, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7E CPU, Ubuntu 20.04.

We run "defect detection demo" with local address "10.21.xx.xx", the visualizer displays well.

sucess.png

But when we change the local address to 192.168.xx.xx that demo will fail (Using mobile wifi hotspot). How can i debug it?

Attached file:

docker_network.txt: "$docker network inspect edgeinsightsoftware_eii"

ia_web_visualizer_log.txt: "$docker logs ia_web_visualizer"

"$ping 172.20.0.4" ia_web_visualizer ip address is available.

ping_brctl.png

wifi setting

wifi.png

Webpage "ia_web_visualizer" fail.

ia_web_visualizer-5001.png

Best regards,

Amanda

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Amanda,

Looking further into it, you don't need to rebuilt when changing the network/host ip. Simply update the HOST_IP and ETCD_IP in .env located in the build directory. Then simply run the following commands:

./source.sh

./eii_start.sh

Ref: https://open-edge-insights.github.io/IEdgeInsights/DeploymentToolFrontend/README.html#bring-up-the-containers

Regarding, the mbedtls package, let me report that to the development team.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Amanda,

The HOST_IP and ETCD_HOST are automatically populated with the current system's IP when builder.py is executed if the variables are blank. If you need to use a different network/IP address, please set the correct HOST_IP and ETCD_HOST in .env file and re-run the builder.py to generate the certificates and configure the system using the new system's IP address.

cd <install_directory>/edge_insights_industrial/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_3.0/IEdgeInsights/build

vi .env

python3 builder.py

docker-compose -f docker-compose-build.yml

./eii_start.sh

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
AmandaLee
New Contributor I
Hi Jesus,
Thanks for your help.
It is workable after modify HOST_IP and ETCD_HOST value.

Two other questions:
1. Where can i find the document of this?
2. Is there any other way to change HOST/ETCD ip at runtime? (Rebuild all images takes too long....)

Thanks and Regards,
Amanda
0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Amanda,

Looking further into it, you don't need to rebuilt when changing the network/host ip. Simply update the HOST_IP and ETCD_IP in .env located in the build directory. Then simply run the following commands:

./source.sh

./eii_start.sh

Ref: https://open-edge-insights.github.io/IEdgeInsights/DeploymentToolFrontend/README.html#bring-up-the-containers

Regarding, the mbedtls package, let me report that to the development team.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
AmandaLee
New Contributor I

Hi Jesus,

Many thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Amanda

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Happy to help! If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos